X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wow, beautiful car
    https://t.me/pump_upp

Comment

So I've gone and brought the thing out of storage again, weather was freaking awesome and with turning 30 I felt the midlife crisis coming closer - so I thought I'd a hoon abit around the Normandy.

That however didn't turn out quite that way. After the car wash I rolled up at home, popped off the wheels in order to slip on some wider spacers, and I found that BOTH inner CV boots were shot.

So after ordering the new parts which should hopefully arrive this week, I'll be taking the driveshafts out next weekend. All I could do for the moment was to dial in my XD9's nicely which have currently a set of 255/35 V1's on for a lot of Autobahn driving I will be doing the next couple of weeks.

Also, ordered shorter springs which will go on in 2 weeks.

Apart from that my birthday gifts to myself in form of a Top Secret rear diffuser and Abflug front undertray are on the way!

Gonna post full pics of the XD9 setup when done!
      Last edited by h3llk1t3; 01-23-2016, 07:50 AM.

Comment

I love this! Keep up the good work. The XD9's look amazing I'm sure.
        theory87.com
        ig: _coreyw

Comment

Awesome R32 man
          IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

Man this car is awesome. I can't wait to have coo wide wheels like all of you guys lol
            Instagram: acdna

Comment

Man, your car looks dynamite.

Comment

Due to difficulties with the front diff and the fact the CV boots were dead I decided it was the right time to run it RWD for a while and play around. I removed the front drive shafts and disabled the AWD. Took it out today and had quite some fun.

The rear springs arrived but not installed yet, the front is just about maxed out as well now so I reckon I gonna order a set of new springs for the front as well.

The fitment looks okay now, but this is as much as I gonna get out of it with these unstretched tires on the XD9. As previously mentioned these are for the coming weeks of Autobahning. Future tire plans have already been mapped out.

Next month I'll be at WNGN in Holland for which the BBS will be put up again before I rebuild 'em to make them an inch wider.

At some point in the future I still have the VS-XX rebuild lined up as well - fuck knows when.. too much work, wedding and Japan trip coming as well in 2 weeks.

Bday presents, front undertray and rear diffuser arrived as well... but being the idiot I am I changed my mind (again) and swiftly returned the rear diffuser. I've got serious commitment issues. New plans are already made (for now).

Comment

Your plans for the future sound good, I'm really excited, what's comming!

Comment

new setup is nice, i will always love it on those RS's though. love your style

Comment

The rear has been lowered. Disclaimer below.

So after bringing the BBS out of storage and giving them a quick wash I finally got around to install the rear springs.

The old spings were 6k and 25cm and replaced em with 12k and 15cm.

The result was this:

However, at that height it appeared my exhaust was permanently scraping on the ground.

So I was forced the raise it by 5mm.

Unfortunately even so my brother said he saw them sparks fly occasionally and my advans are slightly marked now, mostly in the front due to the retardedly big spacers I wanted to test. Anyhow, I'll probably dial back 5mm on the fronts.

Rears worked mostly fine. When you put a gtr and a fd on the autobahn you get to test these things at 200km/h, especially with a brother that is living at the rev limiter and has no respect or regard for material strength.

That's him taking a nap. Picture courtesy of Dr.AK!

And that's him lifting off the throttle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tYmj3Irj0I

All that aside because things will change again very soon, I have changed my mind once again and sent the diffuser back, the lip will go up next and I picked up my new rubber for the bbs and ordered wider inner barrels. Also ordered a set of genuine rear spats and getting 12k springs for the fronts as well. Bonnet and front fenders are still to receive a workover in terms of smoothing and paint as they kinda look like ass at the moment.

245/45 will go nicely with 16x11.5 and with the slightly increased circumference I will have more room to play with. I've just been to Japan on my honeymoon and my wife INSISTED that I went to Fuji Speedway to check out the JCCA event. Suffice to say I was blown away by the sheer awesomeness.

These are the reason why I made the BBS the way they are. I fucken love Kyusha, think I shot around 500 pics there.

Enough of that as well, my brother and I took our ladies to the WNGN event in Holland this weekend. I will post up more pics later when I get home!

Last edited by h3llk1t3; 04-28-2014, 06:47 AM.

Comment

You guys are the best, haha. So hilarious

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

So much awesome

Comment

Amazing car! you guys have amazing cars
                            My Flickr!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                              You guys are the best, haha. So hilarious

<3

Comment

Looks fantastic! The rear looked ace before you raised it

Comment

Working...
                                X