No announcement yet.

Groundhog Day ... Yep, another 911

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't wait for start up vid! Just curious, why the loop in the exhaust?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnysrx View Post
      Just curious, why the loop in the exhaust?
      It's usually to help tune the exhaust note and back pressure.
      Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnysrx View Post
        Just curious, why the loop in the exhaust?
        If I had to guess, it's something to do with sound/flow tuning. Those loops connect together like an x-pipe in a "regular" car, and have downstream O2 sensors, which probably do a better job with some distance between them to compare data points... easier to get than if the pipes took the shortest route available.

EDIT: What MikeyRa said... (I type too slow)
        '02 Audi S4 III+ GT's // '94 Audi S4 RS2'd // '95 Audi S6 donor // '87 Buick TR rusty

Comment

• Originally posted by toddzilla View Post
          If I had to guess, it's something to do with sound/flow tuning. Those loops connect together like an x-pipe in a "regular" car, and have downstream O2 sensors, which probably do a better job with some distance between them to compare data points... easier to get than if the pipes took the shortest route available.

EDIT: What MikeyRa said... (I type too slow)
          All good! lol, at least it's the correct answer!

Comment

• Having the intake manifold (s?) Machined to say lamborfuckinghini would be next level, just saying lmao. Can't wait to hear it
            Do a ricer full throttle flyby for us please.
            2 328i e36's
            Saabaru linear 2.5na
            Various projects.
            sigpic
            Intro;
            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Definitely post a vid.

Comment

• Why do we not get a sound clip of this? Also, excellent numbers

Comment

• 50whp for some ebay headers? not bad at all. How much were they?

Comment

• Damn, what a gain for a NA engine!

Need some sound here

Comment

• Then Valentino Balboni signed my car.
                      Better than the guy who let Balboni drive his and Balboni proceeded to crash it.

Comment

• That's a big gain from one single modification... you sure there's no magic going on to get to that verrrry particular power figure?

Comment

• Originally posted by white out
                          Well, it's not really 'one single modification' and the changes are drastic. Tubular headers with very tight radius bends were replaced with tubular headers with long runners that are .5" larger in diameter; new collectors are designed to not have turbulence; the muffler section has changed from 2.5" to 3" and removed two y-pipe. Also, this is a 6.5 litre V12 that spins to 8000 RPM, allowing the engine to breathe and exhale better makes a big difference.

Wish there was footage of my response after the 666 pull.
                          Duly noted (I know it's a big job, wasn't tryin'a belittle your work - longtime listener, first time caller). I know less about N/A engines than turbos - do you think that the displacement or high redline plays a larger role in the effectiveness of a full exhaust upgrade like this, or do they work in tandem?

You've got my response after seeing that figure, hahah. If it were mine, I'd have a hard time adding more power

Comment

• still need sound clips and a wot flyby, for uh, research, just saying...
                            2 328i e36's
                            Saabaru linear 2.5na
                            Various projects.
                            sigpic
                            Intro;
                            http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Always room for more power!

Comment

• The answer is always long tube headers

2001 BMW 560i 6.0 LSx/T56 SOLD

2000 Corvette Hardtop FRC

Comment

Working...
                                X