Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TiefGarage VW Passat 32b

Hello to all enthusiasts and hello to all other readers,

my friends and I are building a Volkswagen Passat 32B.

We are three guys from Germany 24-27 years old, and we are absolutly into the cars. Drivin' scraping deep bagged 3C Passat and Audi A3 8P, we decided to do the work on something from the older ages

Last weekend we started to build some brutal Volkswagen for next years Woerthersee and MIVW, VagEvent ,etc... the greatest euro shows, you know?
    Just around the corner where our garage is, about 50kms away, we found an '82 Volkswagen Passat 32B 1.6l.
    The car is definitly not in the best condition but we'll accept that kind of challenge.

So I'll try to update this post frequently. Who wants can follow us on www.facebook.com/tfgrg too. so? Let's get started:

Getting that moon vehicle onto trailer

driving through Oremountains in Germany

let's get stripped

front

rear

So as you can see, we're going to take it apart to the last screw, do all the restaurations and metal work and go for the paint preparations.

Paint job will be done by professionals...

Bag, slam, enjoy :-) I'll keep you up to date. See you soon

Schönes Projekt! Weiter machen!
    sigpic

IG: jdirtydeanwiththecb50

Comment

Looking forward to seeing the direction of this project.

Comment

^^ 1+

In for updates.

Comment

getting everything apart

Hi, lads n gents,

the last two weeks we stripped the hell out of that piece of rust.
          So, let's have a look, the grinding work is already on progress.

our garage guardian grinding rear links

'lower' your expactations

rip everything apart

ultra drop

new control arms

We must admit, that we did not expect such an fast and easy disassembly.
          At the same time, we are shocked about how many rotten and rusty parts appeared. It might be a long way to go from here,
          but the pictures where the car lies on ground give us a lot of passion to get the build done.

If any of you guys can support us with chrome trimlines around the windows, please do not hesitate and contact me. Our chrome trim is broken on some places- and there are no spare parts available in Germany.

Thank your to all readers and share that story.

Comment

das sieht mir nach einem astreinen Projekt aus..
            Weiter machen

Comment

any updates on this project?

Comment

Awesome build so far, could i get more pics of that newer black passat in the last pic in the corner?
                sigpic

Comment

Awesome. Subbed!
                  My build thread (Old Buick wagon content)

Comment

so here we go again

Originally posted by SliPsY View Post
                    Awesome build so far, could i get more pics of that newer black passat in the last pic in the corner?
                    Hello, you can get them right here: https://www.facebook.com/TFGRG just scroll through some of the albums.

Originally posted by SMcNairn
                    any updates on this project?
                    Here it comes:

We're sorry for those late updates, but christmas and holidays kept us away from work
                    on the car.
                    One of our mates got his VW Polo 6R build done like you can see on the left.
                    Meanwhile we were organizing fresh fenders and got a kit of doors.

drop the fenders on the frame and look how they will fit

get a spare wheel and put it on

replace the stock Passat 32b suspension and axle with a Golf MK2/3 one and be
                    super happy it fits. Just a little refinement on steering is needed, driveshaft fits without any modification

so what was done at the front axle went on at the back. Rip out that rusty 32b stuff and put in the
                    Golf MK2/3 counterpart. There is absolutly none modification needed. We expected a lower stance of the car.

So for now we are kind of unhappy with the drop rate. Car must loose a lot more clearance.
                    We are about to get some ultra short struts and see then what happens.

In the meanwhile we ordered some ultra hot wheels from our Dutch friends.

So I'd like to know what your thinking about it now :-) Feel free to tell us your opinions or suggestions.

Comment

Hi guys and girls,
                      as announce we bought some sick BBS RS715 in lovely condition from our Dutch friends.
                      We were not 100% sure if it would fit, nor did we expect such a greate look. But let's have a look:

rear left with good drop. We will get about 1" more drop with our custom build struts soon.

front left under new fender. Nice to see how much free space it has.

a lot of free space on front and rear -> we'll try our best to eliminate it :-)

Next chapter will be building the airride suspension. We are going to do it all by ourselves. Just the bage come from null-bar.de. Bagplates and all fitting stuff will be build by ourselfes on the lathe.

Hope to see some comments.

Comment

yes yes yes yes , sub'd for sure !
                        Instagram - Bavarian_Steel
                        My E28 Build

Comment

Wow awesome build
                          Follow me on Instagram @ Promk1ng
                          http://instagram.com/promk1ng

Comment

i dig the sunken look you got goin on
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Hi Jungs!

Absolut geiles Projekt!
                              Die Auswahl der Felgen ist einfach perfekt und passt bestens zum Fahrzeug.

Zum Thema Tieferlegung:
                              Dass die HA-Teile plug&play vom Mk2 passen, war mir
                              bewusst, aber wie habt ihr das an der Vorderachse realisiert?
                              Radlagergehäuse vom Mk2 an die 32b-Querlenker?
                              Wohin dann wie mit den Spurstangenköpfen?

Würde mich über eine Rückmeldung sehr freuen.

Und immer weiter so, haltet uns auf dem Laufenden mit diesem edlen Gefährt!

Comment

Working...
                              X