Thoughts on REPLICA Wheels/Seats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on REPLICA Wheels/Seats?

I know, I know, I'm gonna get **** for this , but being a cheap a** I was looking at some replica Bride Vios 3 to put in my Accord. https://www.racingseats.io/bride-vio...-low-max-seats I want to know your thoughts and if they're safe. I will be running Racequip harnesses.
    Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Not safe to run rep seats. Someone in Australia ran Bride reps, had accident, seat back snapped in half!

Seats are a true safety item, you are strapped into that thing in an accident. I'd want it doing the right things rather than looking the bit. Same goes for seat rails, mounts or belts and harnesses. Do it right or don't bother IMO.
    My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

Would also do well to have a read about "submarining" in 3 or 4 point race harnesses. Pretty much summing it up, don't buy anything less that a 5 point.

Will see if I can find the thread about the seat breaking in the accident.
      My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

I do know the dangers of submarining, but I'm still on the edge of whether or not to track my car. I was also looking at NRG seats. But seeing that its ~$200 a seat, they do scare me a little. Even more than replica brides. A single Low Max seems to go for 1200 easy, and I don't want to do that for a car that's worth that much.
        Whatever path you take to get to your automotive nirvana is the right path, everyone’s path is different. If more people liked cars because they are cars—not because they are a way to get attention or to way to be better than someone else—then I think the automotive world would be a better place. -benmassey

Build Thread:

Comment

You need good seats. Rep seats are just a safety concern. Replica wheels are one thing but seats and cages...

Comment

one thing people seem to forget is: Brand/legit Parts have a Value.
            Buying a real Bride Seat for 1200 means you can still sell it for good money, buying a replica bride for 389$ means you won´t get much more than 100$ on the second hand market...

Comment

Working...
            X