Basic Air Ride Questions - Noob

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basic Air Ride Questions - Noob

Hey guys! I am about to make a fairly large investment in a full 3H setup for my F30 335i. I had a coouple noob questions but wanted to make sure I am getting everything I need.

My Parts List:
    • 1x AirDynamiks F30 RWD Strut / Bag Kit
    • 1x 1/4" ALP 3H
    • 1x Viair 400c Dual / 150psi Compressors
    • 1x Air Lift Performance 3H 2nd Compressor Harness
    • 1x Seamless 24" Tank (4) 1/4" ports / (1) 1/8" Port 1
    • 1x DOT Fitting Kit 1
    • 2x SMC 1/4" Check Valve 2
    • 1x SMC 1/4" Water Trap w/metal bowl

Questions:
    • What do I need to prepare myself for with this setup?
    • Any catches anyone can forsee or things I am leaving out?
    • What are the normal setups for an F30?

I have not been able to find many trunk layouts for an F30 so I plan on taking plenty of pictures for others. I have an under trunk space that is 27" 3/4 L x 13" 1/2 W x 7" 3/4 H that I would love to use for the tank... I just think it wouldn't be enough room?

Was thinking of making a shelf bracket to hold everything in the far left of the trunk just wanting ideas and input.

Any help or advice would be appreciated!

Thanks
    Last edited by thesull; 03-06-2016, 06:34 PM.

It's not as scary and as complicated as it sounds, just get to it and you'll figure it all out. As long as you're mechanically inclined, you'll be fine.

Comment

i agree ^ i had done many coilover installs in the past and have done all the work on my car on my own in my garage. When i tackled my air install i stared at everything at first... kind of a what the hell moment, but once you get to it, it all falls into place. The hardest part for me was the management and getting everything set up. I ended up doing 3 air installs in 3 days that weekend lol
      Follow the build on IG: @kmcguckin
      Bagged/Boosted/Widebody 350z Roadster
      Wrong.Fitment.Crew

Comment

Add a drain cock on the bottom.ot all water is caught in water traps.always drain before cold temps.and add two caps of air brake antifreeze to tank if you live in a cold climate.

Comment

I didnt see a air pressure cut off switch. Unless thats included or somethin.
          Like_ay_sir

Comment

well,ended up doing 3 air installs in 3 days that weekend lol

Comment

Originally posted by seniorsix View Post
              It's not as scary and as complicated as it sounds, just get to it and you'll figure it all out. As long as you're mechanically inclined, you'll be fine.
              I was told the 3H takes a while to setup due to the ride height leveling? Any truth to that?

Originally posted by irishguy0224 View Post
              i agree ^ i had done many coilover installs in the past and have done all the work on my car on my own in my garage. When i tackled my air install i stared at everything at first... kind of a what the hell moment, but once you get to it, it all falls into place. The hardest part for me was the management and getting everything set up. I ended up doing 3 air installs in 3 days that weekend lol
              Yea... I may end up getting someone to help me!

Originally posted by beachbum718 View Post
              Add a drain cock on the bottom.ot all water is caught in water traps.always drain before cold temps.and add two caps of air brake antifreeze to tank if you live in a cold climate.
              Drain cock? Link or explanation please. Also, the "air brake antifreeze"; I can pick this up locally or something online only?

Originally posted by Statik7 View Post
              I didnt see a air pressure cut off switch. Unless thats included or somethin.
              Air cut off switch? I will be running the 3H system... Is this something I need/should to pickup? Not going to even act like I know what I am doing here ha!

Thanks for the responses guys! Really appreciate it!
              Parts should be here next week!
              Last edited by thesull; 03-22-2016, 07:40 PM.

Comment

I think by air cut off switch, he means pressure switch, check to see if its included with the compressors...
                if you bought everything as a kit, it should be there.

Comment

Working...
                X