Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Helicopter Turbine Powered Roadster (Not a turbo miata!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modeled up the power bulge and a few more details on the body

Comment

Well then... I was also in the 'expecting a turbo miata' boat... This is way more rad than what I thought. Sub'd
      Instagram @benseifert666
      #shitboxcolt build thread revival coming soon

Comment

this is so flipping cool
        Bone stock 2004 Audi A8

Comment

Ill admit, I thought it was just going to be a turbocharged convertible.

but when I opened this thread, god damn..... quarter mil turbine is ridic.. Good luck with it all!
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Also, I edited the thread title, if you dont like it tell me and ill swap it back, but peope need to look in here haha.

Comment

Very Very Cool Roadster!
              Hyped to see how this turns out.

Comment

Stock brakes with a turbine?

Given the lack of compression and slow revving nature of turbines, are you brakes not going to get cooked on your first drive?

i would test it it in a big open space, with no walls any were.

lol

Comment

sick! way pumepd to see this progress! Keep up the good work!

Comment

and i thought this was just another turbo miata build...... damn, this is so much cooler!
                    1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                    1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

damn, this is wild! how do you plan to get that power to the wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                        Stock brakes with a turbine?

Given the lack of compression and slow revving nature of turbines, are you brakes not going to get cooked on your first drive?

i would test it it in a big open space, with no walls any were.

lol
                        Haha, for now this is just a proof of concept, and really only the first iteration. The company we're working for will decide what the next course of action is for next year's design team.
                        This year it might just putt around a parking lot and make a lot of noise.

Originally posted by badbeej View Post
                        damn, this is wild! how do you plan to get that power to the wheels?
                        It will be a direct drive. Since the n1 and n2(driveshaft) shafts are separated in the turbine, there is no need for a clutch. And it makes 425ft-lbs and idle, so we would smoke anything less than a race clutch anyway.

Thanks guys! We are really getting excited about this project, and with about 7 weeks till design day we are chomping at the bit to get it done.

Thanks Oxer! Can you throw "Helicopter Turbine" in there too?
                        Last edited by godzillus; 03-05-2013, 05:43 PM.

Comment

done deal, looking forward to videos of the putting around the carpark haha

Comment

Subscribed! Whats going to happen with the car after you guys are done with it? Please tell me you will give/sell the car to some one who will put some suspension brakes and really wide tires on it, and then rape hills with it! It would be such a bad ass hill climb car!!!!

Comment

hurry up

VIDS NAOW

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
                              http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

Mind Blown.
                                It's like rock-crawling... in the streets...

Comment

Working...
                                X