My Work VS-KF build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Work VS-KF build

Hey guys, I know I have been pretty dormant for awhile now on here but I really want to keep track of my build and figured this would be the best place to make a build thread.

I have been searching for a good set that I could build for awhile now and couldn't really find some that caught my eyes until I saw these on Zilvia. They are 17x8 +43 and 17x9 +30 Work VS-KFs.

They are 3 piece welded so technically 2 piece. I'm working on finding someone that will cut the weld and re lip them into a 3 piece (at least for the 8s)

I snagged them for a really cheap price and started drawing up ideas in my head.

So for right now here are some pictures of the wheels as they are.

And heres the damage on the lips and faces

Today I cleaned the faces up and started working on the lips, I also snapped pictures of the inner barrels to show how they look at the moment.

So all and all not terrible but will require plenty of elbow grease and work!

Comment

Took the faces off of the 8s but can't get the 9s off to save my life... also spent a good amount of my day cleaning the barrels and hardware. I'm happy with the results.

Has anyone had a hard time taking faces off of wheels that have never been separated? What would you recommend I should use to "loosen" the faces?

Comment

Very cool. I had to beat on mine with a rubber mallet to get them apart. Looks like a fun build - do you recommend anything for polishing aluminum? I only have rudimentary tools... nothing specifically for polishing.

Comment

just sand it and use mothers at least thats what I did.

I got the faces off the 8s with a mallet but the 9s just won't budge

Comment

Yeah I'm having a hard time with my kfs as well. Reason why I'm in this sub forum lol.
            18x8 +38 going for. 18x10 +13 and 18x11 +2

91 S13 Hatch daily.
            92 S13 Coupe HKS SR22
            2011 Scion xb
            1998 Lexus GS400 SOLD
            1993 Lexus LS400 SOLD
            1993 Lexus SC400 SOLD
            I made a build thread :|

Comment

cover outer lips with an old blanket or two and drop the wheels on the ground (so the face is parallel with the ground). I did this with my old sets of KFs and the faces pop out after a few tries.
              Osaka, JP

Comment

Originally posted by jdizzy204 View Post
                cover outer lips with an old blanket or two and drop the wheels on the ground (so the face is parallel with the ground). I did this with my old sets of KFs and the faces pop out after a few tries.
                I took your advice and tried it out, worked perfectly! Thank you!

Also I got ahold of some guys at Wheel Flip who will cut the welds and re-lip the 8s to a 9.5 +25 with a 4 inch lip! Very excited for that!

Anyways got the faces off the 9s finally so now I'll start sanding the faces prepping them for powder coat and start sanding the rash marks on the lips of the 9s

Definitely need to clean up the barrels of these puppies!

The caps are surprisingly in very good shape!

Figured I would put up a picture of my workspace!

If you guys have girlfriends that know how to knit, you NEED to tell them to make one of these for you! My girlfriend made it for me and its awesome for polishing and cleaning! Really nice to have while working on the bolts.

Comment

Great photos!

Comment

I love these wheels. Nice progress you have going as well
                    My Accord Build

Instagram: @puzzlemaster94

Comment

Thanks guys! hopefully things will go faster than slower but only time will tell!

Comment

Where did you get the tool for the bolts? My buddy has been looking for one and can't find it to save his life lol
                        EURO.TECHNIKS | BAGGED E46

Instagram: @_victorg

Comment

For the bolts a t40 or a step up works and its a 10mm in the back. Y the way OP I smashed my faces out, just tapped it out with a small sledge hammer.

91 S13 Hatch daily.
                          92 S13 Coupe HKS SR22
                          2011 Scion xb
                          1998 Lexus GS400 SOLD
                          1993 Lexus LS400 SOLD
                          1993 Lexus SC400 SOLD
                          I made a build thread :|

Comment

The tool you need in a M7 triple square bit... very hard to find. Mines a Sauer that I got from a company in virginia

Comment

So the methods of how you guys have been getting the faces out sounds sooooo sketch. I mean, obviously it worked, but still. If you wanna do it the least sketchiest, just put a phonebook on the face and you can beat that thing until your ams tired(of course you wont have to). Just my.02 I know it was resolved.

As for the bolts, My local hardware store had a full torx set so when I picked up a set that needed it, I was good. My hardware store was ACE. but google has always come out on top for things like these.

The polishing is really nothing special either. Theres a write up stickied on how to do that. The polishing compounds make such a difference IMO.

Anyways. Nice pick up OP! I had some Work wheels that were welded as well so I felt that struggle lol
                              Simple.

Comment

Working...
                              X