Volvo V50 2.4 D5 R-design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volvo V50 2.4 D5 R-design

Hi there, already have a topic on the dutch sub forum, but wanted to share my project with more enthusiast

It's an Volvo V50 of 2009 with the 2.4 5-Cylinder diesel block, known as the D5.
    Stock: 180bhp / 400Nm (295lbft)
    Optimised: 202bhp / 483Nm (356lbft)
    Future plans are bigger IC, straight exhaust and custom intake, and adjust the software on those mods.

Exterior is the OEM R-Design body kit, interior isn't the (IMHO awful) R-Design interior, but a standard beige/grey leather interior.
    It's almost full-option...except for some little things..

It will be lowered on some coil-overs, but these are still mounted on my previous V50, so need to swap them, and my customized BBS MK Motorsports will be mounted after winter

for the beginning some stock pictures

Last edited by LeemansJ; 02-16-2017, 05:18 AM.

Looking awesome so far even if it is just stock. Love me some Volvo action.

Comment

Thx

Second mod were EGR and DPF Delete and also optimised the ECU. Did not want to much the engine/drivetrain to the max, so stayed humble
      It has smoother curve, and you certainly can feel the difference

Stock: 180bhp / 400Nm (295lbft)
      Optimised: 202bhp / 483Nm (356lbft)

Next on the modlist is an rearmuffler delete, and maybe change the IC

Result of the DPF delete and flying on the Deutche Autobahn with 240km/H (almost 150MPH)
      Still getting an average of 6,0 L/100km (39mpg)

Comment

Smokin' Volvo 5-pots... Nothing out of the ordinary going on here
        Lucas
        Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
        Originally posted by LCG
        High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Bought two sets of rare MK Motorsport , one set in 18x8,5 ET34 and one set in 18x8,5 ET13. Both are 5x120, but I'm letting them welded and redrilled to 5x108 and also change the offset to ET40 and ET20.
          The rims are pretty rare and hard to find, I even think they are unique in Belgium...Specialy when I mix to sets of rims Why I bought two sets I hear you think ?
          Because of the lower Offset (ET13) the face is more concave compared to the front...so it will look like a staggered setup, but still be square 8,5" ...
          We're lookin to buy a C30 for the misses, and she'll be running the other pair

I'm not quit sure how the finish will be...silver, black, brushed, .. time will tell i guess

Picture of the 18x8,5 ET34

Picture of the 18x8,5 ET13 (you just need to imagine the oem centercaps, into the black ones )

Comment

The wheels centers were sandblasted to remove all the paint.
            Then they lugholes were welded shut, after that they milled the backface to a perfect flat surface and to adjust the offset, clean up front, and then re-drill the lugpattern on a cnc machine.
            My centers went from 5x120 to 5x108 and the offsets went from ET34 to ET40 on the front, and the rear ones went from ET13 to ET20

So the front will be 18x8,5 ET40 and the rears 18x8,5 ET20.

Comment

Wow. Nicely done.

Comment

Rims are painted. Now waiting on the tires and my coilovers
                Can't wait

Comment

Those are going to be beautiful on there!
                  Activity is not on my list of activities.

Comment

Those diesels put out 300 ft-lb torque from the factory? That's nuts, seems like a fun little car.

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                    I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

Tuned the car a bit more, the 2.4 5-cilinder is pushing a nice 230bhp / 545Nm (402 LBFT)

Mounted the KW Variant 2, got it legally installed (sow now i'm officially registered as "lowered vehicle") but ofcourse, it couldn't stay legal, so I lowered it to the max hahahha...
                      Next ting, is to order some 215/35/18 Toyo T1-R to mount on the MK's
                      Still got 10 days hahah, it needs to be done for a M&G

Comment

Allright, don't know why, but some images are gone, or do not show properly....

I hope these will show...because I FINALLY MOUNTED THE MKs hahaha sorry, but I'm over the moon !!! It was a fricking long project, but it finally worked out. And I fricking LOVE it.
                        Need to go a little bit lower, but the driveshafts needs to be shortened, and the rear-arches need some work.
                        But at the moment, I'm enjoying it how it is. Took me way too long for this.

Comment

Working...
                        X