A Southern Accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
    Strip it out, no AC, no PS, no radio, CF goodies and some racing bucket seats?

The beta2 has a pretty restrictive head, so you might want to get it ported, but don't port it too much because the coolant passages are super close to the ports(or so I've heard).

Are you going to use the beta 1.8 pistons or shaving the head to achieve an 11:1 cr? If you are willing to spend 2 grand on getting it all built, I would suggest:

1.8 pistons(you could use 1.8 cams, but they aren't very aggressive for high RPM applications)
    p&p head
    reground cams(with stiffer valve springs)
    balanced crankshaft
    ferrea valve springs
    headers(kspec has some decent ones)
    p&p inake mani
    BBTB
    intake
    2.25" straight pipe
    SFR tune/raise redline to 8k($800 for the tune, it's fucking expensive)

Remember, this car has solid lifters and the valvetrain(along with the bottom end) are pretty beefy from the factory. This is a very overbuild engine stock, and they love boost. The only drawback is the restrictive head(as mentioned before).

I don't think i know anyone with an NA built elantra, good luck.
    Keeping it as a daily/commuter/road tripper/grip car so I cant really strip it.

Has no AC or PS as is, gotta keep radio (nothing fancy), no such thing as CF goodies and already getting corbeau's in June. (Might put AC back in honestly)

Was pretty much thinking that list, but 2.5 straight pipe. Already got connects for MOST of what you listed, 200hp / 180whp and i'll be content. Revving to 8k would be great, 6.5k is getting annoying.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

Comment

Wow, sounds like quite the build. I don't think anyone in the world has achieved 200 crank horsepower out of the beta2 NA, because boosting it is just so much easier. I can't wait to hear it when it's all done though it should sound pretty gnarly.

or you could do the NA build then throw that on. 8/9 psi is nothing on the stock 10:1, and with a good tune you should be able to get it tuned for an 11:1 cr.

Plus, 8k rpm supercharged beta2 will have an amazing bottom end because of the SC and a crazy top end with the cams and better flowing head.

I'm just throwing around some ideas for you. Or you could just go SC now and decide to build the bottom end later.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Wow, sounds like quite the build. I don't think anyone in the world has achieved 200 crank horsepower out of the beta2 NA, because boosting it is just so much easier. I can't wait to hear it when it's all done though it should sound pretty gnarly.

or you could do the NA build then throw that on. 8/9 psi is nothing on the stock 10:1, and with a good tune you should be able to get it tuned for an 11:1 cr.

Plus, 8k rpm supercharged beta2 will have an amazing bottom end because of the SC and a crazy top end with the cams and better flowing head.

I'm just throwing around some ideas for you. Or you could just go SC now and decide to build the bottom end later.
        Dawg, the beta engine with the alpha transmission is butter. So much torque. 11:1 cr turbo is really what I want. I'm in talks with KFX Performance, Bill Hurlin said they had a elantra with cams, headers and an intake putting out over 157 hp. I figure cams, headers, p&p, 1.8 pistons, straight piped and tuned on 93 pump gas will be pretty nice.
        WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
        @thewheeluminati

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztxQRdpu70"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PztxQRdpu70[/ame]

Open headers sounds crazy, should be getting an exhaust soon. No face because the last bumper I bought was awkward and the OEM ones are 380+ which I dont want to spend just yet.

Other than that, this is my car running.
          WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
          @thewheeluminati

Comment

Damn, that sounds sooo agressive. I can't believe I missed this update! I really miss the sound of the beta2.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Damn, that sounds sooo agressive. I can't believe I missed this update! I really miss the sound of the beta2.
              hopefully after straightpipe + isis muffler and header. It'll sound even more aggressive, then cams and high CR.

just you guys wait.

Latest upgrade was a B&M shifter, works wonders with my stage 3 clutch.

Having a kid this december, so im going to mod when I have a chance - but plan on finishing my build by christmas when my little one is due!!

I WILL KEEP YA GUISE UPDATED WITH MY BABEH AND MY BABY.
              WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
              @thewheeluminati

Comment

Gratz! Better hurry and get the car built! After the kid, you won't really have much time for the car for a few years.

Get some pics up to keep interest going here

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

looking good homie

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

hmm...should i?
                    Last edited by audobon; 10-29-2014, 10:20 AM.
                    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                    @thewheeluminati

Comment

Interesting build. I can really appreciate the dedication. How much power or boost in power will that bring?

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Originally posted by R2dmax View Post
                        Interesting build. I can really appreciate the dedication. How much power or boost in power will that bring?
                        Thanks, and 8-9 psi, maybe 50 - 60hp. We'll see though!
                        WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                        @thewheeluminati

Comment

damnnn.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                            damnnn.
                            Yeah man, I'm trying. So tired of building on this car - almost done.
                            WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                            @thewheeluminati

Comment

Had a few problems with the guy that had the supercharger. Didn't trust him when he spoke about its condition and didn't want to get ganked on my money.

So, for more power and to stay on track with my dream of having the only Hyundai Accent 2.0T. I've gone with the EVO8 Turbo Manifold + 16G Turbine route. It's going to be so dope when im done!!! CANT WAIT!!!

WEKFESS & THE INTERNETZ WONT BE ABLE TO HANDLE MEH!

Last edited by audobon; 12-24-2014, 12:55 PM.
                              WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                              @thewheeluminati

Comment

Turbo's are cooler anyways

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                                X