No announcement yet.

Saving a 1993 FD...400+whp, widebody, shaved bay, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update time! I think I already said this, but I tend to post more frequently on my Facebook build page ( https://www.facebook.com/tr8rfd/ ), although without much description on there.

I got all of the air setup mounted and good to go, just need to run a few drain lines and tidy things up a bit, but's it works! As you will see soon

Got my heep in! Been taking care of some maintenance items on it lately, almost have it in tip top shape

Rear air line ran all tidy like

Freaking looooooovvee this fitment

We had this marvelous weather last week...a blizzard...in March...gotta love North Dakota

I'm all over the place here lol. Cut my sideskirts to get them to fit. Doesn't seem like it will be too bad and will require just a little fiberglass work to blend in and flow nicely

Ordered 2 285/30s so I can run 285s all around. Looked around town extensively to find a place with a good reputation that wouldn't mess up the wheels mounting the tires...found somewhere with a touchless machine so it would be impossible to mess them up right?? WRONG! Fucking done with this place and the shitty tire techs that can't take their time and do things correctly.

Chipped the paint on both wheels :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: > > > > > >

Whatever, I've had terrible luck with every shop I have gone to here and am ready for a change. I'll be headed to Great Falls, Montana in August though! Not the base we wanted (only had two choices, but this was the one we wanted less), but we are looking forward to the move. We plan to buy a house there so my mod money has decreased quite a bit to prepare for that.

In other news though, more FD stuff! The weather is warming up a bit here and I convinced the wife to let me use all of the garage! That means the FD gets to come out of the corner for the first time in over a year

And its on the ground...er, dollies. That also means the air setup is working

Mounted the front bumper to get more of a visual of the finished product, loving it!

Comment

• Keep it up! Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
      and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
      S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

• This build makes me so happy, amazing work man
        My BMW E36 318ti Steel Blue Compact build thread -
        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88271

Comment

• Thank you, sweet baby jesus!

(that was me that asked you to update this on facebook, btw lol)

Comment

• Okay that looks killer. Stoked to see more progress with this

Originally posted by Stupid Kid
            I need the weed in advance i can't ride my bmx across the ocean unless im high

Comment

• Originally posted by kittenpuncher View Post
              Keep it up! Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Thanks!

Originally posted by Steven_318ti View Post
              This build makes me so happy, amazing work man
              Thank you!

Originally posted by I_Haz.:R32 View Post
              Thank you, sweet baby jesus!

(that was me that asked you to update this on facebook, btw lol)
              Haha no problem man! Thanks for the reminder to update it

Originally posted by 190Evan View Post
              Okay that looks killer. Stoked to see more progress with this
              Thanks!

Comment

• This is incredible!

Comment

• bring this thing north! we have a couple big shows in saskatchewan and winnipeg throughout the year

Comment

• this is such a good thread!

I keep seeing the word "ordered" and it makes me cry everytime because I wish I could just keep ordering shit for my Miata lol

can't wait for more updates
                    @aybrando

Comment

• I like this thread. I like your "figuring this out as I go along, haven't done this before" approach - I can relate!

Comment

• Originally posted by heeter_33 View Post
                        This is incredible!
                        Thanks!

Originally posted by dubs&boost View Post
                        bring this thing north! we have a couple big shows in saskatchewan and winnipeg throughout the year
                        Once it's running I'd be down to do that

Originally posted by chopsticks View Post
                        this is such a good thread!

I keep seeing the word "ordered" and it makes me cry everytime because I wish I could just keep ordering shit for my Miata lol

can't wait for more updates
                        Thanks! My ordering has slowed down a ton lately haha, it sucks

Originally posted by anti.engineered View Post
                        I like this thread. I like your "figuring this out as I go along, haven't done this before" approach - I can relate!
                        Sucks sometimes, but that's how you learn!

Comment

• Got my body fuse box mounted (Leash Electronics Street/Strip Board) in the driver footwell and am going to start working on planning the wiring and tracing wires soon. I also ordered the ecu/drivetrain fuse box and am currently working out where to mount that one. I am pretty impressed with the quality of it though! EBay special there.

I ordered a new soldering iron this time around. I want all of the solders to be perfect so I figured a brand new quality unit would be best to use. My other soldering irons were cheap ones and didnt work the greatest.

I've been wanting to get the rear bumper off forever now and finally got around to doing it. The studs for the factory crash bar all snapped off so Ill need to weld on some new ones or something if I want to fab up a bash bar for the car.

Moving on to some more air related items. I didn't account for the lines moving up and down on the front struts so they got kinked and bent pretty bad. I ordered new swivel fittings from bagriders and they worked like a freaking charm. Much much happier with the line routing up front now.

Surprise! Car is on the ground...like fully on the ground, no rollers! All of the ground clearance hahaha

In unrelated news, had my son help me change the oil on my V :p

And I accidentally dive bombed into a small pond in the jeep while adventuring hahaha. I thought it was going to be pretty shallow...nope! Made it out without a tow though

Comment

• That cut out on the strut brace is such a bummer

Comment

• Originally posted by anti.engineered View Post
                              That cut out on the strut brace is such a bummer
                              It's definitely not staying how it is now. I'll be smoothing it out since I now have a good welder and making sure it doesn't look obnoxious or anything

Comment

• Great work! You said North Dakota. So you're air force!?

Comment

Working...
                                X