No announcement yet.

A Southern Accent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sprayed the intercooler flat black today..not shown in pictures, but just doing small things in the meantime until everything is put together.

Ohtsu FP7000 (falken 512 "equivalent") on 8.5s - this is gonna be crazy to fit on the fronts, NEVER DONE BEFORE ON THIS BODY.

rears with shi++y unknown 205/40s, not much stretch at all - not that i need it but wouldnt mind a little more stretch for a little more low.
    Last edited by audobon; 05-29-2016, 07:34 PM.
    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
    @thewheeluminati

Comment

• Originally posted by audobon View Post
      Not this year, I think I'm already rushing and spending too much money to make this years WITHOUT paint or the big brake kit.

Can you use oem tibby brakes or xg brakes? If you can use them you could get the rotors redrilled for cheap too

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Originally posted by rice4life View Post
        Can you use oem tibby brakes or xg brakes? If you can use them you could get the rotors redrilled for cheap too
        nope they have 5by114 anyways.
        WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
        @thewheeluminati

Comment

• I've still been working at it, finally sourced all the parts needed to get this thing fired up.

Just dropped off my oil pan to have the bung welded on, feed line and etc is already ran.

Having a hard time with the Evo 8 hard coolant lines but what I have now will suffice for a start up at least.

this is what a select few of you have been waiting for...will update with a start up video this weekend.
          WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
          @thewheeluminati

Comment

• WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
            @thewheeluminati

Comment

• IT RUNS. Need to fine tune it a little more and get everything situated, then I'll drive it to tint, inspection snd etc.

300 at the crank is my goal, 250-260 or so at the wheel. Won't be getting too much of that to the ground with the whole stretched tire thing happening but I'm not trying to go fast a much anymore (that's what we all say)...but hopefully I'll be shutting some shows down this year.

It's been a long time coming, thanks to everybody that's peeped this since 2010.
              Last edited by audobon; 03-18-2017, 04:33 PM.
              WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
              @thewheeluminati

Comment

• OH BUDDY...that's one heck of a Hyundai. Wow, never seen this done on an Accent- major props, dude.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BozoBubble View Post
                  OH BUDDY...that's one heck of a Hyundai. Wow, never seen this done on an Accent- major props, dude.
                  Thanks man, people have actually been fitting the evolution 8 manifold to the tiburon engines for a decent amount of time. Unfortunately I was the second to do the engine swap but the first to do this turbo 2.0 setup in America.

I am horrible with updating threads with pictures but I have a small to-do list left and this time for sure, I'll be a step closer to completion.

The plan is to make everything look stock again, or as stock as possible with the exception of wheels and a front splitter.
                  Last edited by audobon; 03-22-2017, 08:35 AM.
                  WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                  @thewheeluminati

Comment

• About 80% finished at this point, slight tuning, leaks and alignment, suspension issues will be fixed soon.

Pretty sure I'm going to go get a temporary exhaust on tomorrow so I can actually hear the problems that are going on instead of the in cabin rumbling I'm dealing with now.

Only been able to make it up to 1.9PSI because the camber and caster are different on my fronts and the torque steer makes it a bich to drive.

will be updating again soon.
                    WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                    @thewheeluminati

Comment

• r.i.p for now

gonna save the swap-over harness, headlights, and coilovers for later. i will be back, hopefully the next one I get down the road isn't as cursed.
                      WHEELUMINATI SERVICE

@airbrandon
                      @thewheeluminati

Comment

Working...
                      X