General Wheel Offset

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General Wheel Offset

hello all, this is my first post on the StanceWorks forums. i have a very noob question, i am getting my first real set of wheels and am planning on stancing my first car. i have looked and gathered as much info on wheel offset as possible but one question remains for me, so here it is. my buddy and i have to same year and model car, he has a nicely stanced car with a wheel offset of +45 and is brought too +5 with spacers(40mm spacers). the wheels i am looking at has a offset of +35, would all i need to do is get a 30mm spacer to get a similar setup? or would it require different sized spacer since it is a different wheel with a different offset?

any info would be greatly appreciated, i am new to offset so i am trying to figure this out without waisting money on spacers, adapters. if this doesnt make sense let me know and i can try to reword it. iv looked all over for an answer to this and cannot find it. Thanks in advance!

Yes you'd have to use a 30mm spacer.., but only if the rims have the same width...

But let me get this straight...

You want to buy a rims with a offset of +35 and then use a 30mm spacer to get them sit
    nice in the wheelarche?

Why not buy rims with the right offset from the beginning?

P.s: Use paragraphs in your post, its a lot easier to read then this...

Comment

^ Agreed with the above. Spacers subtract from offset.

And you should absolutely get wheels that are close to the offset you're looking for rather than relying upon huge spacers. At 30mm, you're getting into bolt-on spacer territory, which have a number of undesirable characteristics compared to thinner slip-on spacers.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeBlue View Post
        Yes you'd have to use a 30mm spacer.., but only if the rims have the same width...

But let me get this straight...

You want to buy a rims with a offset of +35 and then use a 30mm spacer to get them sit
        nice in the wheelarche?

Why not buy rims with the right offset from the beginning?

P.s: Use paragraphs in your post, its a lot easier to read then this...
        So I would just need to find wheels with as close to an offset to 5 to match up the stance? As long as they are the same width of course.

The wheels I'm looking at only come in 3 different offsets, +35, +40, +42...is there anything I can do or do I just need to look for different wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by Low_vo View Post
          So I would just need to find wheels with as close to an offset to 5 to match up the stance? As long as they are the same width of course.
          Yep! If you find wheels with a different width, you can use a wheel offset calculator to see how the inner and outer clearances will change as the wheel specs change.

Originally posted by Low_vo View Post
          The wheels I'm looking at only come in 3 different offsets, +35, +40, +42...is there anything I can do or do I just need to look for different wheels?
          I'd recommend looking at something different. There are plenty of wheels out there that are either close to the specs you desire or can be rebuilt to those specs.

Comment

Working...
          X