Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 tyre/wheel fitment for 16x8

hey everyone.
    just bought some new wheels in 16x8 +26 for my 85 323i.
    i'm aware that they'll need spacers to clear the front struts but i'm not just looking to clear, i'm looking for some decent fitment.
    this is my first stanced car, so i'm new to getting fitment right.
    i'm wondering what spec tyres i'll need. i've been looking at 205/45/16, does anyone know what these look like mounted on an 8 inch rim?

not really sure what other information to include...
    tl;dr
    fit 16x8 +26 on this with nice fitment

thanks
    Last edited by ArbPotatoes; 11-02-2011, 05:07 AM.

are they starcorp or lenzo rims ?

Comment

Originally posted by drjon View Post
      are they starcorp or lenzo rims ?
      diablo racing wheels concept 5, bought the car with them. wish i could go futura's because i like the 5 spoke look but width and offset on these is weak. they'll be gone soon

Comment

i recently bought a 2nd hand set of starcorp concept 5 16x6.5 for my e30... the style looks good on e30's
        but likewise, width and offset aren't much...
        nice ride

Comment

agreed, seeing cars like this

makes me sad because i can't afford them

Comment

16x8 +26 will not get you really flush unless you pack on some meaty spacers, especially at the rear. I run 16x9 et15 all round, when I first mounted the wheels (no spacers) there was about 10mm of tuck at the rear and about 20mm of poke at the front with no camber. I have the tyres you listed (205/45/R16) on mine and there's a fair bit of stretch but I think losing an inch of width off the rim would eliminate most of it. Maybe 195 instead?

I had to run 3mm spacers at the front to clear my 51mm (if you have the 45mm ones you'll likely have less issues, might be worth measuring with some vernier calipers or just using pi) struts and have yet to roll my guards.

If I were you I'd get the car as low as you're planning on going and mount the wheels and then see how much you need to space them. That's probably the easiest and most effective way, clever maths is nice on paper but often doesn't translate as you'd expect in practice. good luck dude.
            Last edited by Ifield; 11-07-2011, 06:25 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

Nice posts. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful!

Comment

I have 16x9 et3 all around with natural camber in the rear and 0 degree in the front. Slight pull all around too

Comment

Also on tires I have a 195/40/16 on my 9 and it is what you need if not more(smallest tire I could find for the 16) to go flush and not rub after a good rear fender pull and reforming of the inner well (a lot of hammer massaging) I had a 205/40/16 on my old wheels which were 16/9 as well. I would suggest a 195/40/16 for an 8 if you want a decent stretch. 205/45 won't do much in the way of stretch. You can pm me if you have any other questions I can send you pics too

Comment

Working...
                  X