Is this wheel undriveable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this wheel undriveable?

I'm told that the shop that put the tires on these BBS RFs used the wrong machine for mounting and this happened.

Is this wheel still drive-able? I was told by a race shop that they would be fine to drive on, its just that the center cap might not lock on like it should.

Its ok, the damaged area only holds the cap. The shop that fucked that up - did they pay for the damage?

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Yes. They mounted all 4 tires for free, free alignment, plus $200 cash

Comment

Originally posted by Geee_Arrr View Post
        Yes. They mounted all 4 tires for free, free alignment, plus $200 cash
        Well, not too bad I guess. But an RF face is hard to find, then you still have assembly and finish.

Comment

Do you have any suggestions on what I can do to keep the center cap from falling off? I know that blue loctite isn't recommended for plastic, but anyone know of a plastic-safe alternative?

Also, can this be repaired? Like zoo said, RF faces are not easy to find

Comment

Originally posted by Geee_Arrr View Post
            Also, can this be repaired?
            Do you have the chunk that was broken off? It could be welded back on.

Comment

A competent welder can build up that area and then machine it to make the cap fit.

Comment

wow that sucks
                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                Got Drop??

Comment

If I was trying to repair this personally i would fab up one or two tabs to hold the cap on, grind the damaged area flat, then weld said tabs on. Sucks but is fixable.

Or as mentioend above, send it to an established wheel/fab shop that can build up and machine good as new.

Comment

Working...
                  X