w220 mercedes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• w220 mercedes

hi guys I have just purchased a w220 s class with the factory airmatic suspension and I was just wondering if there is a way to speed up the height control ?
    I understand also I can fit adjustable drop links to lower it more but how low can you actually take these on stock airmatic and drop link setups?

any advise would be great

think of links like coilovers its set and done at the height you set it at.
    if you want full control you need to buy a lowering module.
    renntech, brabus, LOMO are just some to name but they can be pricey.
    personally im just doing lowering links on mine till they blow then do a full airbag,accuair set up

You can also go to a indy shop or some dealers will do this, but you can get it lowered thru the OEM computer, its not much I think you only get like .5" low
    Last edited by Cuervo666; 12-12-2015, 01:45 AM.

Comment

Well surly if you just buy a tank and managment you can use the standard air shocks therfore cutting the price of air ride in half

Or are standard shocks prone to popping / failing?

Comment

standard bags are prone to fail after a while like anything, never heard of them popping.
        yea doing that will cut the cost, I know Airrex sells a kit for out cars which runs around $3300 usd retail. but in the long run it will cost cheaper then when your bags go out or the OEM pump takes a shit, im talking about airmatic I cant even imagine the cost to fix ABC suspension lol.
        Personally I want to do a compressor/ E-level set up on the oem airmatic bags till those go out, for right now, Im happy with just going with LINKs then spend on a aftermarket system.

Comment

IIRC, the factory air ride height on the W220 is adjustable through the Mercedes STAR service computer....if you can find a shop that has one!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuervo666 View Post
            think of links like coilovers its set and done at the height you set it at.
            if you want full control you need to buy a lowering module.
            renntech, brabus, LOMO are just some to name but they can be pricey.
            personally im just doing lowering links on mine till they blow then do a full airbag,accuair set up

You can also go to a indy shop or some dealers will do this, but you can get it lowered thru the OEM computer, its not much I think you only get like .5" low

Where do I find these links at Cuervo666

Comment

Working...
            X