No announcement yet.

1965 Volvo 122 Project "Old Balls"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK so here's an update on progress. Yesterday I re-worked the suspension. I ordered ebay coils for a civic and they actually worked AMAZING. Fitment of springs and drop w/o the adjustable perches was spot on.

Here is a pic of the ghetto set up that was in the rear.

Pic of new springs in place

New stance in the rear. This is as good as it is going to get in the rear for these wheels...
    98' BMW 323is - Daily
    62' Chevy Corvair - Project older balls
    sigpic

Comment

As you can see it is still dry after finishing the rear. Then it began to rain. A lot... So for the front the shocks were bottoming out with any bump and they are extremely short shocks so finding shorter ones is hard. Plus it already had non-blown KYBs.

So here is a pic of the lower shock mount which is usally bolted to the control arm.

Then I took it and flipped it over and welded it to the control arm giving me about an extra 2 inches of travel

Heres a pic of the front setup back together. (I later removed the perch on the bottom to go as low as I can without cutting anything.)

Rain...
      98' BMW 323is - Daily
      sigpic

Comment

from one Volvo owner to another... this is so sick. Keep on doin' what you're doin'.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Today I focused on the interior. I installed new speakers in the front and in the rear. Then I just worked on cleaning up somethings that I hadn't looked at before like the steering wheel!

Before

After some leather cleaner

Interior pics

The rear seat is MINT, and awesome.

Then I just took some pics of the current stance. Might do some work to lower the front a touch more but the rear is as low as I can go with this setup... Actual photo shoot coming soon.

98' BMW 323is - Daily
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cuatro View Post
            Today I focused on the interior. I installed new speakers in the front and in the rear. Then I just worked on cleaning up somethings that I hadn't looked at before like the steering wheel!

I think the rear would look better with a bit less poke but other than that it's soooo dope. I am soooo jealous.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Originally posted by JVC View Post
              from one Volvo owner to another... this is so sick. Keep on doin' what you're doin'.
              Thanks! It's my first Volvo and after only owning it for a week I already LOVE it.
              98' BMW 323is - Daily
              sigpic

Comment

What is the world was up with the double springs out back? haha
                Originally posted by JC.
                'Stance' doesn't have to be scraping your car along the floor, that is simply the scene that has caught on. As long as your car looks amazing (in your eyes) while your rolling down the street, that is your own personal perfect stance.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I think the back looks awesome with that much poke.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

Yeah you gotta fix that reverse rake! Other than that it's looking sooo good!

Comment

Originally posted by soab View Post
                      What is the world was up with the double springs out back? haha
                      So the previous owner cut the springs to a good stance but then when people would ride in the car it would rub a lot so he added a "helper" spring in so that it wouldnt rub. Hence the lifted rear in the original pics. Ghettttttto.
                      98' BMW 323is - Daily
                      sigpic

Comment

^^ lol @ ghetto setup

might be a bit too much poke for my taste in the rear

but still awesome ride
                        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

i love it!
                          sigpic

Comment

LOL double springs tied together with some twine/ wire?? I'm glad you decided to swap that out early!

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

I have to say, this is great work you are doing. You always see amazons done up in that lame flat-black with moon disks thing. I suspect this car will soon be all over the internet with a little more work!

Comment

Wow, I'm in shock. Aweome car!
                                Flickr

Projects :

1984 W123 300D (Sold)

1999 C43 AMG (no thread..yet)

Comment

Working...
                                X