Rake or Level?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake or Level?

I was just wondering what everyones opinion is on a car having rake, and being "pointed" with the nose down, versus a car being more flat and level.
    Instagram = VIP_E90

depends on the car imo
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
      depends on the car imo
      I never thought of that, but i totally agree.
      Instagram = VIP_E90

Comment

Somebody say rake?!?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEN_9h0wW2w&list=PL372B154B92FDF625"]オニクラ - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
          It is raked like that for better handling
          Instagram = VIP_E90

Comment

for me if my car alwayz full my set up is rake, but if its only me n my gf it much batter if its level..just my 2 cento

Comment

Is there a comfort gain to either one? Or is it really only the look of the vehicle
              Instagram = VIP_E90

Comment

I always run slight rake. The only benefit I can see is you never motor boat when romping on the gas.
                My build thread
                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

My car is raked just because that is how my coils sit, i dont mind it, if it didnt sit like this it would have reverse rake.
                  Instagram = VIP_E90

Comment

Originally posted by illeste9x View Post
                    my car is raked just because that is how my coils sit, i dont mind it, if it didnt sit like this it would have reverse rake.
                    exactly
                    My build thread
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=46573

INSTAGRAM @ARTWORKBYLOCALLOU

Comment

if you dont have the right wheels and go level it will make your ride look sunk, which is a really bad look in most cases

i think that some rake is necessary to look right...just my .02

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
                      Things made of metal can be remade, but flesh and bone cannot be replicated. Not even by Rota.
                      Originally posted by Kielan
                      VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.
                      ///stanceworks\\\

Comment

It really just depends on the way the wheel wells are shaped. I usually like it mostly level with slight forward rake, but on say an e36 that wouldn't look right.
                        Jason
                        flickr
                        build thread

Comment

Originally posted by Withers View Post
                          It really just depends on the way the wheel wells are shaped. I usually like it mostly level with slight forward rake, but on say an e36 that wouldn't look right.
                          This.

I usually prefer a even distance from wheel lip to fender lip, so on most cases this results in a slight forward rake. Some cars, mostly those with really smooth and rather flat arches, can pull off a level rockers and maybe even tucked look. But most cars just can't.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Withers View Post
                            but on say an e36 that wouldn't look right.
                            Really? My first thought was that an E36 is the car that DOES need rake. Take this example for instance:

Even wheel gap all around, if not slightly more tucked in the rear, and the rockers are still uneven and slanting forward. I think that this stance suits the E36's body lines ideally.

Comment

coupe's need rake. I prefer sedans to be "level" though.

`92 325i vert - 90' 325is - '99 m3 - Instagram @e30L

Comment

Working...
                              X