Woodward Designs 2001 Audi TT 225 Roadster project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodward Designs 2001 Audi TT 225 Roadster project

I just picked up a 2001 Audi TT Roadster in amulet red. It's a 6-speed manual 225hp Quattro with around 85,000 miles.

Here it was the day I brought it home mid-way through March of 2015.:

And here it was during the fall of 2015 with some parts removed/blacked out, and the BBS reps mounted up:

And at the spot Roadkill filmed burnouts with their Hellcat project:

The rest of the pics from the day I brought it home:

It's had new brakes, tires, timing belt, water pump, head gasket, and valve cover gaskets within the last 10k, so it should hold up for a little while at least.

Plans aren't too extreme as this is my new daily and I still have my truck project:

The TT will likely see coilovers, wheels, tires, and possibly a dark grey gloss vinyl wrap (can't stand the red).

I may pick up spacer/adapters from 5x110 to 5x112 so I can run any wheels I find on both the truck, the TT, and my brothers B6 A4 Avant.
    Last edited by silverstonepgt; 05-18-2016, 05:18 PM.

I like the plans for the TT, those little roll-hoops are f'n hideoous IMO

Comment

Originally posted by MercTastic View Post
      I like the plans for the TT, those little roll-hoops are f'n hideoous IMO

I agree. I don't want to be a copycat, but this damn thing really does it for me:

Comment

Originally posted by silverstonepgt View Post
        I agree. I don't want to be a copycat, but this damn thing really does it for me:

Inspirational image is inspiring.

Comment

It certainly is.

Pulled the hoops already, and lowered the tall headrests.

Comment

are those stickers on the rear bumper mandatory?
            If not; you probably know what my suggestion may be
            Lucas
            Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
            Originally posted by LCG
            High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

Originally posted by loekaaz View Post
              are those stickers on the rear bumper mandatory?
              If not; you probably know what my suggestion may be

Immediately after taking that pic I had removed them - they were from the previous owner.

I'm having one remade, but no stickers will go on this car.

One sticker was a memorial to the previous owners best friend who died young, so I took a pic to have a new one made and mailed to her. Thought she might appreciate it.

Comment

Went for a nice drive the other day and snapped some more pics of it unmolested...

Time to molest...

Comment

One sticker was a memorial to the previous owners best friend who died young, so I took a pic to have a new one made and mailed to her. Thought she might appreciate it.
                  Thats pretty cool, I'm sure she will appreciate that. Great sentiment.

Comment

Immediately after taking that pic I had removed them - they were from the previous owner.

That's awesome.

ENDLESS RIVAL: Art | Automotive Culture

Insta: @endlessrival | @_notlance

Wraith | 1966 Fairlane 500 | Gone
                    Six | 1995 S14 | Gone
                    Absolution | 1995 E36 | Current

Comment

That made this build 10x better. Very nice of you!
                      Instagram: yobrandonnn

Comment

Very nice gesture indeed
                        Lucas
                        Daily: 2004 Pontiac GTO. . . . . . . . . Daily Econobox: 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper
                        Originally posted by LCG
                        High 21! It's like a high 5 but includes both hands, both feet and a boner.

Comment

There are some good people left in this world..

Comment

Haven't updated in awhile, here is the latest:

Thanks to a broken flexpipe I had an excuse to install a 3" stainless steel downpipe:

After that I started collecting random pieces: Beetle headrests in black leather, new headrest guides to modify, a badgeless honeycomb grille, and ECS 5x100 to 5x112 adapters in 20mm thick up front and 30mm thick out back.

I also had a set of custom painted BBS LM reps in 5x112 18x8 et35 wrapped in 225/45-18 (square) Goodyear Eagle RS-A tires:

With the spacers I ended up at et15 in the front, and et5 out back:

My brother also painted the rear valance satin black:

And the grille has been installed:

I have also drilled new holes in the roll hoops so I can cut them down ~4 inches and then they'll also be done in satin black and installed when the Beetle headrests go in, and I ordered/slapped on some red taillight vinyl to cover the reverse light circles.

Next step is obviously to lower this thing, but I can't decide on a mild drop with springs, or coilovers.
                            Last edited by silverstonepgt; 02-23-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

After a long hiatus (just daily driving the TT) I am finally on to some other changes.

The chopped down and painted roll bars are installed, I removed the spoiler and cleaned off all the adhesive before bolting it back on until it is time for paint (no spoiler at all, holes are to be welded shut). I also removed the six-disc changer for a hidden bluetooth unit that plays through the factory Bose stereo, and have the cubby storage between the seats out in order to replace a broken latch.

I also had a new clutch installed, and I did rotors and pads on all four corners along with new wheel bearings up front.

The shift boot and knob have also been updated:

18x8 BBS LM reps:

These had bald Goodyear Eagles in the above pic, they have now been wrapped in 235/40-18 Nitto Motivo UHP all season tires and the car has been re-aligned.

I picked up a relatively rare front bumper off of the 3.2 V-6 model TT, and discarded/plugged the 'alien' headlight washers so the bumper lines can all be shaved before paint:

I can't wait to get it in to paint - the fender dent and peeling clearcoat drive me nuts!
                              Last edited by silverstonepgt; 02-29-2016, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X