Need opinion on wheel adapters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need opinion on wheel adapters

I was wondering what are your guys take on some wheel adapters. I have a set of wheels from a 99' BMW 540i with a center bore of 74.1. They are going on a 95' Mercedes S500 with a 66.6 center. I know some people use a set of center rings on the adapters to make the wheels fit perfect. Can i run the wheel without the rings or is it crucial that i need those rings?
    95' Mercedes S500

You certainly can run it without being hubcentric, but it is not recommended. Most of us would definitely tell you to be hubcentric for various reasons.

As for sourcing them, try adaptec, they are a sponsor and help out a ton of members with specific requests.

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

For as cheap as those rings are why not get a set and save yourself the headache.

$7.00 with free shipping.

Comment

^^ Good looking out @Jlyons617!!! I am definitely buying those now. I never used adapters before so im kinda new to it.

@electricalbox - I wonder how much a set of 4 is.. ill give them a call. I found a place online at adaptitusa.com... lady quoted me for a set of (4) 25mm for $219 shipped

Edit: i called that place and they are wanting $290 + shipping..

You guys think those adapters are good enough? 67 center bore... with those rings we should be good to go?
        Last edited by hellah fresh; 03-27-2014, 05:26 PM.
        95' Mercedes S500

Comment

Finally got the wheels on... so much poke in the front. The rear pokes out 1"... the fronts poke out about 1.5". I need to go with 15mm adapters in the front but here is a pic of how much the front pokes.

95' Mercedes S500

Comment

Working...
          X