Just another e36 m3...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another e36 m3...

Whats up SW. I've been on here for a while now but haven't actually intro'd myself.

For the past several years I've owned a couple e36 M3's. 4 to be exact. I just can not get away from them! I just recently sold my 92 Foxbody Mustang GT 5.0 in order to buy back my 98 M3. I thought i would like the Foxbody but after driving it for a couple months, I came to the conclusion that it was not the car for me at all. So, after selling the Mustang I bought back my AW M3 back from the guy I had sold it to earlier this year.

So, enough of the rambling. On to some pictures.

Old M3. I really wished I didn't sell this one.

The 5.0. This bitch was FAST. Just didnt suit my tastes.

Present M3. God I missed it.

After I did some preventative maintenance and lowered the front a little.

Right now, its sitting on BC coilovers and BBS rc090. Nothing special really. After my move back to California I'll be ordering a Set of Broadway Statics because, why not? And I'm also looking at a couple of sets of different wheels. I'm also planning on doing an s54 swap that will be totally rebuilt from the bottom up. Probably will not turbo or supercharge it at all. I enjoy NA engines very much. So, do expect a build thread some time in the next few weeks. Cheers!

��

Comment

i like this a lot, hands down favorite BMW. e36 M3, would love to buy one, but don't want to deal with maintenance lol

welcome!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
        i like this a lot, hands down favorite BMW. e36 M3, would love to buy one, but don't want to deal with maintenance lol

welcome!
        Actually, the maintenance isn't too much. If you keep up with just its regular shceduled maintenance. these engines can last for a very long time. But that is true with most other cars. People just get careless with performing regular fluid changes and such.

Comment

Looks really clean!

Comment

Originally posted by radiokilla View Post
            Looks really clean!
            Thanks man! I noticed in one of your pics that Robs car was in. I actually met him yesterday. Super cool guy.

Comment

Originally posted by oilcover View Post
              Thanks man! I noticed in one of your pics that Robs car was in. I actually met him yesterday. Super cool guy.
              Lol rob knows everyone with an E36!! Welcome to San Jose!!

Comment

Lol rob knows everyone with an E36!! Welcome to San Jose!!
                Thanks. Rush hour traffic here sucks

Comment

A small significant update...

So, I got tired of the old pitted, holes in my glass cover, overall pretty bad condition ZKW's. I was gonna buy replacement ZKWs but I didn't feel like shelling out too much money. So I opted for *cough cough* a cheap set of DJ Auto ZKW 'style' headlights with a 5000k 35w HID kit. When I had gotten the car back, I noticed that a HORRIBLE wiring job was done wiring up the headlights and the high beams didn't work at all. Why don't some people just use the plug and play harness?!? Its there for a reason...

At the time, I didnt think too much of it and just left it alone. So, one day when i decided to install my French fogs, my passenger side low beam went out. That made the decision for me to just replace the whole unit anyway. I got them in Thursday night and didnt start installing them until today. I wanted to show you guys what I had to deal with.

This was after about 10 minutes of untangling wire.

Figuring out what each wire was. Thank God for the Bentley repair manual.

What I made each wire look like. I do NOT believe in using splicing connectors. The best way to maintain a good connection in wire is if you solder them together properly. And of course, using shrink tube to protect the wire from corrosion and the elements. In this picture, it shows the wrong connector for the low beams. I wasn't paying attention cause I was stoked on getting some progress with this issue. What I had to do was take out the power and ground wire with the connector plug from the new harness that came with the HID kit and connect them to the existing low beam harness in the car.

Those two wires right there were the ones I took out and soldered to the existing harness in the car. I then used the connector and connected them to the ballast. I was still able to use low beams just because the ballast had two other wires with plugs that went directly to the bulb. I lucked out on that. As for the high beams, all I did was solder wires up with connectors and hooked them up to the pins in the headlight housing.

All in all, Im happy I made my headlights work properly and thoroughly pleased with the end result. This took me FUCKING 5 hours to do. From testing each wire for power to searching nearly half of the repair manual for wire color codes. Honestly, I probably made it sound way harder than it actually is but at the same time I wish this on no one.

The end result...

I still need to adjust my headlights. Theyre just a bit off and I dont wanna blind anyone either. I **** that myself.

What do you guys think? If anyone has a similar issue I'll be more than happy to help!

P.S: Got some new wheels on the way...

Comment

Looks clean man! Whenever you get ready to sell those BC's I got first dibs!!
                    "E Dirty Six, Low and Slow"

Check out my build thread
                    -------->http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=69942

Comment

Thanks man!

Comment

Sup.

Got a shipment in yesterday and today...
                        Apex wheel stud conversion

Aaaannndd...

WHEELS!

AC Schnitzer Type 2s 17x8.5 et13 square. Thanks to eddie36 for hooking me up!

Planning to run either 205/40 or 215/40 all around. What do you guys think? Im leaning towards 215/40...

I apolgize for the phone pics. I dont have a badass camera. Not even a point and shoot. Id rather throw money into my car than that for now.

Comment

Also got a little bored so i wired up my city lights.

Comment

Dude nice!! Can't wait to see how it'll come out!

Comment

Dude nice!! Can't wait to see how it'll come out!
                              Thanks. I MIGHT need to get my fenders rolled...

Comment

Working...
                              X