FC RX7...This could take awhile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FC RX7...This could take awhile

Whats goin on guys. IDK how many times people have posted a full on build but figured I would let you guys in on my little build... Its gonna be awhile till its stanced correctly but who knows hopefully you guys enjoy...

1988 Mazda RX-7 (FC3S)
    here is the day I bought it 1/24/2011
    PICS

1/26/2011
    Took the front end off the car, also took a little of the sound deadening out, will probably finish that this weekend.
    Pushed the car outside, cleaned the garage quick too. On to the pics.

Comment

Currently the garage from my door into the house..

Dash is now pulled out

95% of the sound deadoning out, now just need to go over all the areas with goo gone and a wire brush. Then cleaning and preping for paint and cage install..

how it looks cleaned

since I didnt have pics of the front end off here you go

My new pile of parts...

Comment

Bought a new drill and got a wire wheel with it and started on sound deadoning again, Here is what I got done so far, also removed rear bumper.

Comment

This is waht has been removed so far, all sound deadoning and some leaves from the floors

Also picked up these babies in Argyle for 150 bucks for the set.. Not yet bolted in

Comment

Pulled the rear of the body harness out today

also went ahead and bought a spot weld drill bit and drilled out the piece that holds the jack in the back and both of the rear speaker pieces...

before

after

and figured out the mounting for the drivers seat, trying to debate the passenger seating Right now its unlevel because of how it mounts in the car, might have to build my own mounts for them to make them level

Comment

Comment

Went and put the dash in today just to get a feel for how the car is gonna look... Only thing left for the interior is the cage, harnesses, black paint, and hopefully a flocked dash. Some gauges and switches is all...

o yea... and a second seat

how it looked friday night...

then moved out and cleaned up a bit...

before

after

also before

after

Comment

Couple dents in the rear finished, and fixed a ton of tiny rock chips in the roof

Got tired of my messy garage so here goes Last night and tonights cleaning...
                  Start

Do Work

Got home today went and bought this to start tearing down the doors

Decided I wanted more room and did this...

More work to come this weekend

Comment

Edged out the passengers side door, waiting to dry and then putting it back on the car. Then the drivers door. After that I will start working on the exterior of the doors, then a small dent in the rear still. When this is done I have to weld up the antenna hole, rear hatch key hole, and the emblem holes. Finish bodywork, hopefully i can be done with this by april 1st because I am leaving to scotland for 2 weeks, come back hopefully with a pocket of cash so I can order the widebody and the kit I want. If so then I will be ready for paint shortly...

Comment

Alright now thats where I am at. I got deployed April 2nd to Scotland for a couple weeks, When I get back plans are to order the cage and hopefully the kit for the car so I can finish the exterior and interior and get it painted. Then the car will have small work done until I return from my next deployment in December where I will be gone for 6 months. Upon return from that one I will order Coilovers, wheels, the engine and tranny mounts, and o yea the engine. Plus other stuff. O by the way im putting a LS1 in her. I know this is different then most builds on here but figured you guys might enjoy...

Comment

i enjoy! keep it up man
                        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Thanks man I cant wait to get back and buy parts Ive been on these forums almost a year now always browse and never post lol

Comment

Wtf are you in Scotland for? haha

Anyway, this is looking great! Love these builds. Keep it up dude

Comment

I am here with the US Navy I work in the aircraft no ships for me, We are working with a bunch of our allies its a big training exercise thing. Two weeks paid vacation lol, and we broke the plane yesterday so no flying as of yet

Comment

Working...
                              X