Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Went for a little ride before putting the car away.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for a little ride before putting the car away.

Hey Guys, I'm Broadway Jaze. I used to work at a supra specialty shop until 2-3 weeks ago, and am the owner of Broadway Static Suspension. You may remember my car, it was a a good old run of the mill 318is. Bought it for a decent price, it was pretty damn clean and i swore to god i wasn't going to modify the hell out if this....this would end up being a trend.

Anyway, it looked like this when i got it home the first day

Yikes. i couldn't bring myself to want to drive it. So i convinced myself, eff it man, just do the M shit and be done with it. After i got all the bumpers and molding i came to the realization that i needed to paint all this and you can't have a nice, freshly painted car without some wheels right? So i picked up these hamman PG1's, which at that point were the only set of 17's i had ever seen. I was pretty stoked how it came out.

bmw5 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

At this point i wanted to take it to the next level. I was doing some great work with supras and BMW's for customers and i had just began some discussions to start a suspension company so i wanted to do something that i enjoy. My work and the suspension comapny had immersed me in a world of race cars. So naturally i wanted to throw a JZ motor in there since i was so comfortable with them.

I specifically went with a 1JZ. Something about the straight up Japanese motor not available in the states called to me more than the usual 2JZ i work with everyday. Took me about 2 years and i'm still not quite done. I'm going to finish up the head this winter, as it's still stock but the new bottom end is done. Here's a run down

1JZ-GTE
    R154
    Jun Super connecting rods
    Jun Pistons made by Cosworth forged 8.5:1
    Clevite bearings
    Arp2000 hardware
    Stock head
    Turbonetics Ball bearing 62-1 T3 .68a/r
    HKS SSQ
    Synapse W/G
    BS Exhaust manifold
    2.5" down pipe and IC piping
    all on a Trust Emanage Blue.

Broadway Static Motor mounts and tranny mounts.

It made a little over 400hp and 320ish tq when the stock clutch started at 4k on the dyno.

The car sits on 510 series Broadway Static Suspension, Fikse fm10's, has Recaro Spg's, OMP trecento wheel and a Roll cage. It also has a custom BWS Roll center and bump steer correction kit that corrects you suspension geometry when you drop the car and eliminates bump steer. YES THAT CAR HAS OEM SUSPENSION GEOMETRY. You'll hear about it more in the winter and i don't think anyone on here cares too much about that but ask and ill be happy to elaborate on anything for you. It's too much for text for one post so ask away. I didn't have the balls to install the Aerocatch so no hood it is.

DSC04967 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

DSC04966 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

DSC04964 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

Dem Recaros

DSC04956 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

Mo JZ

DSC04952 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

DSC04951 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

We lost our place of business, daily drivers and home during hurricane Sandy. The silver lining in losing my daily is that over the winter it will get built with a 2JZ and will be my GF's car.

bws3 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

bws2 by Broadway Jaze, on Flickr

Lots of more madness to come in the winter, i will actually document it this time too enjoy the pics.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Damn, awesome to see this stuff Jaze. I'd love to hear more about the anti bump steer kit
    sigpic

Comment

Yesssssss finally a thread from Jaze

Love you motherfucker

<3
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your losses, hope for a speedy rebuild and hope to hear your back on your feet again soon!

Cars are very clean by the way, the bay looks awesome.
        IG: @kyle_eagleton

Comment

Both Cars look awesome

Is the Gold on the Bulk head just optical or does it have something to do with heat and temperatures ??
          Last edited by MadMax; 11-25-2012, 04:57 PM.

Comment

some proper rides you got there.

Comment

both of them are dope! you need some drift pics now :p

1993 1993 3000gt VR4
              1988 BMW 325 (for sale, PM me for details!)
              1991 s13 hatch

http://breatheslowbreatheslow.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
                Damn, awesome to see this stuff Jaze. I'd love to hear more about the anti bump steer kit
                in a nutshell, it spaces the knuckle and control arm to re create the oem geometry and uses new spherical tie rods. I'm working on concrete numbers but my god does it make a difference. I'm working on a whole kit with adjustable tubular control arms to complete a bad ass steering angle kit with all the extra benefits.
                Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                Yesssssss finally a thread from Jaze

Love you motherfucker

<3
                I love you too, squishy.

Originally posted by AmnKyle@911th View Post
                Sorry to hear about your losses, hope for a speedy rebuild and hope to hear your back on your feet again soon!

Cars are very clean by the way, the bay looks awesome.
                Thanks man, were slowly getting everything back to normal.

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
                Both Cars look awesome

Is the Gold on the Bulk head just optical or does it have something to do with heat and temperatures ??
                Thanks man, the foil on the bulkhead was a bit of both function and form. I wrapped the down pipe and didn't just want to do the foil on one side so i did the whole bulkhead.

Originally posted by tstacks View Post
                some proper rides you got there.
                Originally posted by PJ Prendergast View Post
                both of them are dope! you need some drift pics now :p
                Thanks guys, hopefully i can get a decent camera in the next few days before its immobile again.

Comment

looking forward to seeing where this all goes. Good to hear that the storm isnt going to stop you or the projects from moving forward.
                  sigpic
                  1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                  1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Looks great Jaze
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the loss of your shop, but I'm sure you'll bounce back you seem to be highly dedicated

Comment

Car is looking mean Jaze. I want the roll center bump steer correction kit and angle kit!

IG: @_olliee

Comment

Finally I get to see what you drive, well done! Quality build.

R A C K E T X C L U B
                          @Mister_Clocktower

Comment

Yes, I love that white one the most amount.
                            Last edited by willis; 11-25-2012, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
                              looking forward to seeing where this all goes. Good to hear that the storm isnt going to stop you or the projects from moving forward.
                              Thanks man, going to be talking with you real soon
                              Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                              Looks great Jaze
                              Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
                              Sorry to hear about the loss of your shop, but I'm sure you'll bounce back you seem to be highly dedicated
                              Thanks man, we're certainly working overtime to bounce back bigger and better

Originally posted by Chillest View Post
                              Finally I get to see what you drive, well done! Quality build.
                              More to come over the winter, high revs, and big tires.
                              Originally posted by Ollie View Post
                              Car is looking mean Jaze. I want the roll center bump steer correction kit and angle kit!
                              Hit me up anytime man, you know ill hook it up!

Originally posted by willis View Post
                              Yes, I love that white one the most amount.
                              Yeah i like the white one a bit more too hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X