I've been lurking for a while...so, my e28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been lurking for a while...so, my e28

I've been looking through the forum for a while, and I finally decided I might as well throw my car on. So anyways, it's a 1986 535i. I've had her for a few months now, and I think its love. Its my daily, and could use more flush and whatnots, and in time i'm sure she'll have it, so I decided to make a build thread thing...more like a "picture of my car's slow evolution" thread

The day after I got the car

bath time!

My 1986 535i

Had more ground clearance than that of a hummer, so three days after I got it, I broke out the grinder

While I was getting at those springs the diving boards got put on a diet too.

frontsunset

half face final

we drove around like that for a while, fixing little things that needed fixing here and there, baselining and whatnot.

One of my truck for fun

truck1

The leather was, well 25 years old, so I got the interior re dyed all nice and black

_DSC5473

I had been looking around for some wheels, I googled but I couldn't find out how to plant a money tree, so I was looking on a budget. I came across a set of BBS style 19's and thought they would fit pretty well so I picked them up

_DSC2274

_DSC2171

The clear was failing on the wheels, and it wasn't very flattering, so I decided I would refinish them a little

_DSC3262

Drove around for about a month or so, and decided I would try going bumperless for a minute

_DSC3386

_DSC3439

_DSC3426

I got the fenders rolled and flared a little bit in the back for the future, put the bumper back on, and found a roof rack.

_DSC5048

_DSC5062

_DSC5091

It was starting to ride pretty bad and sag a little funny on the cut springs, so I found some nex coilovers that are actually distributed about an hour and a half from my house, they surprisingly work very well. I'm quite pleased with them.

_DSC5171

_DSC5190

As a christmas gift, I was given some spacers, a set of 20mm and 15mm putting my wheel situation at 17x8 et0 in the rear and 17x8 et5 in the front. Along with that I got a factory skidplate...that pretty much sits on the ground.

_DSC5202

And this is pretty much how it sits today.

_DSC5489

_DSC5478

_DSC5487

So, that's my car for now. Advice and critiques welcome...not that it would have stopped you guys haha. Thanks for looking!
    Instagram: @rileystair

love this car, good choice on the wheels.

more interior shots!

Comment

im diggin it. those wheels look good on an e28.

Comment

Fuck, for an 80's car that thing is nearly flawless.

I'm jealous.

Originally posted by Kielan
        Well dip me in shit and roll me in breadcrumbs...

Comment

Was gona say it looks mint. Do u have more pic/info on how you got the nex suspension mounted up?

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

fuck, I want this.

Comment

whats with all the 86 535i's?? i have 2 friends with 535's and they are both '86s.. great looking car!!
              1989 BMW 325i 2.7i stroker
              1989 BMW 325ix
              1970 BMW 2002

Comment

This is spot on. Love it!
                Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
                Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

Thanks guy's! I'll post up some more shots of the interior and the nex setup tomorrow in the a.m.
                  Instagram: @rileystair

Comment

wow that's awesome! I would trade my e39 any day for a clean e28...

3/96 Build Date, Montreal Blue, 304,310 miles and counting...

Comment

One clean e28

See this thing in person at least 4 times a week. Owner is a perfectionist, straight up.
                      looks amazing in person.
                      Keep it up man!

Comment

Loving it.
                        1981 300TD 4 speed
                        2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                        , on Flickr
                        IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

car looks stunning.

that paint looks great!

how did you dye the interior?

Comment

Makes me want a BMW...hahaha.

Comment

losing the roof rack, getting eurobumpers also getting the staggered headlights would do wonders. it would be close to perfect then. But now it looks awesome as well, good job man.
                              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Working...
                              X