Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
    so your getting rid of the ford?
    Yep. Its given me 300,000 miles, now its time to move on.
    | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

• Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
      Yep. Its given me 300,000 miles, now its time to move on.
      By an sdime. Wont go wrong Once a minitrucker always a minitrucker!
      Instagram: "Cole_Lenhart" Out of Thread Builds Shoots and Progress
      Just a Truck Build: "Here"

Comment

• Currently plan to. Ideas: buy an S10, make sure its OBDII (96+), rwd, single cab, flareside if I can find it, 2.2L iron duke, automatic. 5/6 drop immediately, get some 15x8's with a 2" backspace and stretch tires on them, get some camber going on the front (because I havent seen that yet from anyone here, except me lol). Bravada front swap ASAP because that shit is gangster. Find a way to cram a double din in it, and put the spare HKS Hi-Power muffler on it I have laying around. Then I'll be happy

Oh and of course Ricky Bobby the whole passenger side front window with stickers.
        | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

• This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons. ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Yogi_Bear View Post
            This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons. ...
            Haha. This ^

What are you driving lately, Yogi?

Comment

• I sold my Lexus and have a 3.2 tl, which was a horrible mistake. I'm in the market for a Volvo 240 or a 92-96 f150 actually.
              Last edited by Yogi_Bear; 10-19-2011, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Currently plan to. Ideas: buy an S10, make sure its OBDII (96+), rwd, single cab, flareside if I can find it, 2.2L iron duke, automatic. 5/6 drop immediately, get some 15x8's with a 2" backspace and stretch tires on them, get some camber going on the front (because I havent seen that yet from anyone here, except me lol). Bravada front swap ASAP because that shit is gangster. Find a way to cram a double din in it, and put the spare HKS Hi-Power muffler on it I have laying around. Then I'll be happy

Oh and of course Ricky Bobby the whole passenger side front window with stickers.
                The reason why you dont see any chambered s-10/sonoma's is because of many reason.One is the wheel wells are to skinny and deep. Which is why people go with taller wheel and smaller width EXCEPT FOR ME. Im on a 17x9 and i rub a little but bottom out hard as hell in my wheel wells. If your gonna go with a 15x8 with stretch it should clear but im not to sure how much chamber your gonna get out of it. And with spacers in the front are gonna help with the chamber but your gonna have do do some fender work. If you want ill take some pictures and post them with measurements of my clearences and anything else you are wondering about. Just ask

Comment

• Originally posted by way2fastx3 View Post
                  The reason why you dont see any chambered s-10/sonoma's is because of many reason.One is the wheel wells are to skinny and deep. Which is why people go with taller wheel and smaller width EXCEPT FOR ME. Im on a 17x9 and i rub a little but bottom out hard as hell in my wheel wells. If your gonna go with a 15x8 with stretch it should clear but im not to sure how much chamber your gonna get out of it. And with spacers in the front are gonna help with the chamber but your gonna have do do some fender work. If you want ill take some pictures and post them with measurements of my clearences and anything else you are wondering about. Just ask
                  I'd def like to see pics, because I've seen S10s with FAR more aggressive wheel setups then you, lowered (no offense or anything).

Cant find the exact pic but I've seen a truck with these wheels/offset slammed down to the stretched tires.

I think lowering the 4cyl is going to be easier then the other S10s here because it wont have the low hanging Y pipe to deal with.

Comment

I'd def like to see pics, because I've seen S10s with FAR more aggressive wheel setups then you, lowered (no offense or anything).

Cant find the exact pic but I've seen a truck with these wheels/offset slammed down to the stretched tires.

I think lowering the 4cyl is going to be easier then the other S10s here because it wont have the low hanging Y pipe to deal with.
                    Yeah its fine. I mean i know im low but i can go lower. ONLY ISSUE IS.... since i have an ext. cab. I have a special frame support that hangs lower than my frame that keeps my driveshaft aligned and it is about 2 inchs closer to the ground then the actual frame. So DONT get an ext. cab cause you will only be able to do so much. And my wheel fitment was FREE! So i took it since it was better than rolling around on my stocks. I could go more aggressive with my wheel all i need is spacers and new tires but im going with a whole new wheel in the spring once i get all my body work done and face lift.

Comment

• Sweet. Yeah Im not getting an extended cab, I dont like long trucks. What I would like is an IRS setup with an independent axle for some crazy rear camber action. I plan on doing 255 or 295's on the rear, and 215-235's in the front. 15x10 rear, 15x8 front. I -want- to scrape the fuck out of the ground.

Ive been looking for skidplates for offroad S10s to use under it to protect everything if I scrape. Also a friend gave me a whole Bravada front end with BMW M3-looking projector HID headlights so Im set when I get it

Comment

Sweet. Yeah Im not getting an extended cab, I dont like long trucks. What I would like is an IRS setup with an independent axle for some crazy rear camber action. I plan on doing 255 or 295's on the rear, and 215-235's in the front. 15x10 rear, 15x8 front. I -want- to scrape the fuck out of the ground.

Ive been looking for skidplates for offroad S10s to use under it to protect everything if I scrape. Also a friend gave me a whole Bravada front end with BMW M3-looking projector HID headlights so Im set when I get it
                        I have been looking for some as well but ive the winter im gonna make a set. Keep up in my Build i have posted and you can follow to get ideas. Here are some pics i have on my older comp i found that you might give you ideas.

Untitled by way2fastx3, on Flickr

The green S-10 in my opinion looks the cleanest. Hope someof these pics help ya out.

Comment

• Fuck fuck fuck! This truck is SO full of win. I want to know what those wheel specs are. I want that fitment, but maybe 1" poke outwards.

+This front end

will be my dream truck now

Comment

• Only thing i **** about the body style if the s10 is the wheel wells are so long and narrow and with a 15 x8 wheel with stretch i feel as if it will look so dumb cause you have so much wheel well space and it doesnt even look right. Yeah you can put spacers behind it and get some poke but it will still look weird. Unless you put some meat of a tire you can pull it off but other than that im not to sure. The green s-10 i posted is running a 17x8 in the front and 17x10 in the back on a 225/45/17 and i think that is just clean and perfectly flush. I wish i could find more pictures but no luck so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by way2fastx3 View Post
                              Y since i have an ext. cab. I have a special frame support that hangs lower than my frame that keeps my driveshaft aligned and it is about 2 inchs closer to the ground then the actual frame.
                              you do know that QAR makes a cross member that replaces that and bolts in for like $60 right?
                              edit: 75 my bad, steel prices have increased since i looked years ago lol

if you pull the inners you could run 12's up front and still be "stanced" but it will rub on the frame, the worst part about s10's is you can't really roll the fenders, they have a thick lip so you have to pie cut them.

the green ratted s10 is on 15x8's with -38 offset on a 6/6 drop, which sits about perfect imo for 15's

Last edited by Wildman Productions; 10-22-2011, 02:55 AM.

Comment

• This thread never ceases to make me want a Hardbody or something of the sort, more and more...

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

Working...
                                X