E.Three.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E.Three.0

Hi all, I've been on this thread for a while and my project is a couple years in, but due to recent events, I've decided to start a build thread for my car, partially to keep me motivated to work, but also just to share I'm 19 years old and I am a History major(I want to be a high school teacher) and yes my dad bought me my car, and has supported some of my car
    (mostly mechanical,) but I worked hard to get my car to here. Anyways.....

The story begins: I was turning 16 maybe (or 17) and my Dad bought me a 1991 318i from a guy local to me, he swapped the motor for an M52 out of a 98 328i, and autocrossed the car for a couple years. It was lowered on Koni & IE3 Springs, the interior was in great condition. The car was in great shape and we got a good deal on it. The day i got it!

Fast forward a couple months: I wreck the car, no other cars involved, I was being dumb in the rain and the M52 and my lack of skills put me in a ditch, which destroyed my fender and the valence, for some reason I have no pictures directly after the wreck but here is one with new panels.

So with the help of my dad who did bodywork on boats when he was younger,I did all the sanding, as he told me where to sand more and to keep sanding(not a fun process) and then he painted the car, in the driveway, paint turned out better than I ever expected!
    And then I picked up some 16x9 Miro STP1's!
    The next few months was just picking up random pieces of trim and other small things missing on the car, and fixing hiccups mechanically!

Early 2014 I picked up Megan Coilovers, an iS Lip, and some 17x8 Rotiform BLQ's, threw all that on and went to Sowo

And then we found out the reason the car wouldn't run for more than 3 weeks without a problem was the PO kinda just threw together the swap in ways, the car was basically half OBD1 and half OBD2, so thanks to Markert Motorworks, we got a new wiring harness, ECU, and then a DynoTune, The M52 put down 196hp/186ft/lbs of torque

Then we painted the IS lip white and hooked up with my man Yusuf Shakirov!

A weekend or two ago I removed my old hood insulation and repainted the hood and reinstalled a mylar hood liner, very happy with the results! (That's my Pop's painting)
    And the result!

AND NOW WERE HERE:
    My car was hit & run in my apartment complex... No cameras exactly on my car, but there are some in the area, I actually saw the truck driving away, so I do have some idea, right now we are still studying the security cameras to find the idiot responsible. I'll need a new fender, mirror, and possibly a door. Makes me sick and this is the reason I started the thread, because now I have to start over again, and I know this will motivate me!

But that's my build thread to date, got a lot in store for this car this year, thanks for reading

sigpic

Wow, what a fucking bummer man, keep this shit coming, love the direction your going with this so far

'08 335i

Comment

Damn some bad luck man, looks good though. Can't believe I didn't see this at Sowo.
      My '66 C10 Build
      My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
        Damn some bad luck man, looks good though. Can't believe I didn't see this at Sowo.
        we'll be back this year, no worries! haha

sigpic

Comment

how unfortunate man. I dig the car. im subbing to this thread
          IG: @uncle_rickey
          c126 coupe

Comment

Originally posted by volkswagger84 View Post
            how unfortunate man. I dig the car. im subbing to this thread
            Preciate the love

sigpic

Comment

Thats good power for an m52 whats done to it?
              IG: Dimitriantoniou
              1997 bmw 328i vert: sold:http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=55235
              1997 bmw 328is: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69857

Comment

Meh gusta! keep it going! you have a great platform you're working with
                Mkv Gti
                Instagram: FuzzyDice_emanyankee

Here's my build thread

Comment

Originally posted by meech View Post
                  Thats good power for an m52 whats done to it?
                  OBD2, Markert Motorworks wiring harness, and tune, also intake. plus, the guy who owns market motor works which is just a local bmw shop, has the same set up, but my lack of headlight/funnel towards the intake gave me 5 more horsepower than him he was angry, haha

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by emanyankee View Post
                    Meh gusta! keep it going! you have a great platform you're working with
                    I've got some good plans once I get back to working and sell my rimZ

sigpic

Comment

Bummer about the hit and run. Very clean car otherwise and you pull the rotiforms off very nicely
                      Great neck

Comment

Originally posted by E.Three.0 View Post
                        we'll be back this year, no worries! haha
                        I'll have to keep an eye out, I'll have the 02 there again this year
                        My '66 C10 Build
                        My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Originally posted by itsjustkevin View Post
                          Bummer about the hit and run. Very clean car otherwise and you pull the rotiforms off very nicely
                          Thanks man and yeah I loved them, but I will be selling them, time for a different look, which I'm very excited for.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 99sil-teg View Post
                            I'll have to keep an eye out, I'll have the 02 there again this year
                            YES! I'll be on the look out

sigpic

Comment

Awesome to see another Georgia teenager building an old car. Hopefully I'll see you at sowo.

Comment

Working...
                              X