Old School Jdm Wheels in 5 Lug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School Jdm Wheels in 5 Lug?

I know vintage jdm wheels are scarce in 5 lug, but im looking to see what options are out there. Ive done some internet searches but im trying to cut to the chase and see if anyone can post some pics of wheels I might not have seen, or even some that may be for sale. Im aiming for a 15x8 around 0 offset. I cant really do adapters because it would require about 35mm to do so, and changing my bolt pattern seems like more work than I'd like to take on at the moment.
    Last edited by Keith602; 05-27-2015, 10:54 AM.

Starsharks, Equip 01's, Formula and Reverse mesh, Watanabe RS8's, Ewings, EX-C fins etc I've seen in 5 stud......I'm assuming you want 114.3? Mostly only in 6.5 though for some reason, so you might need to rebarrel them.

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
      Starsharks, Equip 01's, Formula and Reverse mesh, Watanabe RS8's, Ewings, EX-C fins etc I've seen in 5 stud......I'm assuming you want 114.3? Mostly only in 6.5 though for some reason, so you might need to rebarrel them.
      Yeah, that's kinda what I was afraid of. Im aware of all of those and im pretty sure there isnt much else to come across. I have reasons for not going with any of those but I dont really need to go into it. Just gotta give up on the idea it seems.

Comment

I have a few old school JDM wheels for sale:

Not listed yet are a a 15x6.5" SSR Mesh and 15x6.5 SSR Defi Fins, all 5x114.3. Was going to step up the defis for my miata, but the cost put it out of reach for me.

Comment

Theyre out there you just have to search hard. I have a rare as balls set of 14x6.5 5x114 work equip 02s.
          Follow on IG
          amgwheelwhore

Buy my wheels
          Vintage AME Wheels
          RUF Speedline Wheels

Buy my cars
          W115 & W123

Comment

SSR F5 Star Fives in decent condition and wider than 6.5in

ヤフオク!は、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るヤフオク!で、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Or these Impul Hoshino Racing in nice 7.5in and 8in

ヤフオク!は、誰でも簡単に売り買いが楽しめる、日本最大のネットオークションサイトです。圧倒的な商品数を誇るヤフオク!で、落札・出品してみませんか?補償制度もあります。

Comment

SSR F5 Star Fives in decent condition and wider than 6.5in

Or these Impul Hoshino Racing in nice 7.5in and 8in

http://page9.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/k191305655
              Those SSRs are awesome. I wasnt finding anything so I ended up getting some Works.

Comment

Apt. 9 Wheels can get you anything Panasport offers new, and on some wheels they will do any lug pattern, bore size, width, and offset.
                I am happy with mine.

Comment

Enkei made a lot of 5 lug wheels in wide widths.
                  Last edited by KyleAnderson; 05-27-2015, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith602 View Post
                    Those SSRs are awesome. I wasnt finding anything so I ended up getting some Works.
                    So buy them too.....you can never have too many wheel options

Comment

So buy them too.....you can never have too many wheel options
                      Looked in to them. They are 14"

The specs im after are going to be kinda challenging. Needing something like a 15x8 or 16x8 et 0 in 5x114.3.

The Work wheels I got were misrepresented in the Japanese auction ad and ended up being +46, not +18. Pretty shady. So my original plan to do new outer barrels and widen the wheels to 9" wont work now due to the high offset. Cant even mount them on the rear because they hit the trailing arm.
                      Last edited by Keith602; 06-12-2015, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Have them split on a lathe and upsize them to a 15in. Add 0.5in in width to both the barrels and the lips when you have them made and you'll get close to 8 +0 at an 8 +2.

That's unusual for a Japanese auction ad to be really out and have misleading photo(on yahoo?)......usually they are so particular because they know how particular each other are. I've never had a wrongly advertised wheel from Japan(apart from the offset maybe being a few mm out by their own measurement).....and I've bought 50 or so sets/pairs.

Comment

That's unusual for a Japanese auction ad to be really out and have misleading photo(on yahoo?)......usually they are so particular because they know how particular each other are. I've never had a wrongly advertised wheel from Japan(apart from the offset maybe being a few mm out by their own measurement).....and I've bought 50 or so sets/pairs.
                          Yeah the guy said it has never happened to him before. The ad showed a sticker with no offset numbers, but claimed they were +18. The angle of the photo made it hard to tell. The first wheel I opened did have +46 on the sticker. Another sticker had no offset numbers. The wheels have definitely been rebuilt at one point. At first glance they are identical, but two of the wheels have og Work bolts and two have blank replacement bolts. Also the silicone was different on two wheels. Left the seller bad feedback, but thats about it. So, fast forward to now. I'm having new inner and outer barrels made. Specs will be spot on now, so that's good. Just cost more than I was expecting of course.

Comment

Working...
                          X