BR Wheel? Custom wheels/parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BR Wheel? Custom wheels/parts?

This morning started off looking for a manufacturer of custom size wheel halves. Ended up down a deep hole of China suppliers. Most are typical high-volume cast replica shops, but this one seems to cater more towards low volume and custom stuff:

Brilliant Rays wheels co.,Ltd is Quality forged monoblock rims china suppliers,custom cheap deep dish concave wheels blanks and 2 or 3 piece lip manufacturers

Can't find much about them. Anyone heard of them? They can do custom spec halves, but minimum order is 300. Some obvious reps, but also some cool custom work... big slant lip RS's and stepped-up RSII's to name a couple:

Thoughts? I'll probably kick a custom design their way and see what they say.

I've seen these pictures posted up on the ig before from the far east. not entirely sure if it can be trusted as being different than any of the other manufacturers or not unfortunately.. hard to say.

edit: just went back through emails, and I had this company contact me once in the past looking for parts, assumed from the response that it was to copy the halves, seems like this might be the case. Sent a generic response and never heard from them again.
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
      not entirely sure if it can be trusted as being different than any of the other manufacturers or not unfortunately.. hard to say.
      My concern as well. I've worked with Chinese suppliers, and most are honest companies making a quality product. Some are better than domestic sources. But there's always that chance...

As far as copying parts or designs, you can't really blame them. They're just trying to cash in on something popular. Not saying it's right, but that's how it is in China.

Comment

Working...
      X