Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1983 VW Golf MK1 cabriolet GTI Wolfsburg project

Hey everyone!

Earlier I made a thread about a 1977 MK1 VW Polo I got, but the workshop flooded and that car is now totally destroyed.

So a few weeks ago a friend and I bought two 1983 VW Golf MK1 cabriolets. One german registered parts car, and a Norwegian registered frame. We paid about $800 for the pair, and included in the price was new fenders, wheelarches, weitec coilovers (the oldschool type with the disc, not the screw), and all the details.

While doing som inspection of our purchase, we discovered the frame we are using is actually a 1983 Golf MK1 GTI Wolfsburg edition, so it will be built up to being that.

The engine in the parts car is a 1.6 8v engine, and the frame we are using will get a 1.8 8v GTI engine. We bought the engine a couple of weeks ago for about $100.

The cars final look will be clean and original, but at the same time being a speedbump scraper and with the right wheels. This is a project, so it will take time, but we do have all the parts we need as well as a sponsor deal with a company that delivers parts for these cars.

So hope you enjoy our little project!

Now, this is the german registered parts car:

And this is the Norwegian registered frame that is the GTI and what we will be using for the project. Its in pretty good condition.

If anyone has any tips or pointers, please dont be shy

Already cant wait to see what the outcome will look like!

Comment

the car that I allways want to have...

congrats, love that cabrio

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=16940&page=7

Comment

Interested to see where it goes, sub'd.
        The Daily: 02 Audi A6 2.7t BiTurbo 6spd
        The Project: My first car...revisited (73' Opel GT)

Comment

In Norway, where I live, rules on cars are just insane. Lowering is like the worst thing you could ever do here if you ask a policeman or the people at the approval offices. But that wont stop is, the car will (atleast try to) look like a proper stanced car to the degree we can afford it.

All help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Comment

nice, digger de gamle gti'ene.

love it

Comment

Working...
            X