Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Of These Things Is Not Like The Other..

I know its not everyones taste but if you really are a motorhead and not just a trendy car kid, you can appreciate all forms of automotive customization.

This is the first car I purchased when I was 16. Long and the short... This spring/summer/fall was the first full year Ive been able to drive it in 10 years.
    It will be put away and will undergo surgery this winter. I own a hydrographics company so alot of small things will look entirely different too.

Plans:

Front::
    - Coilovers and LCAs
    - Shaving Firewall

Rear::
    - C-Notch
    - Blazer Rear for POSI and Discs
    - Might Tub the rear bc the 20s rub like crazy
    - 67 Camaro rear bumper
    Interior::
    - New steering wheel
    - Roll bar for harness mounts
    - Hydrodipped stuff

Engine::
    - New Cam
    - New Carb
    - Hydrodipped stuff
    - Rebuild trans with World Class parts.. should hold 450HP

Wheels:
    2 Options... 1) Keep them a Powdercoat them all satin black to get rid of the chrome
    2) BMW M-Parallel Rims 18in staggered

Here are some random pics of the last few months at shows and photoshoots

Interior Shots:

Tried to covertly take a pic.. About to get Karate Chopped.

Exterior:

about a month ago I reworked my suspension a bit.. now shes 22.75 in the front and 24in in the rear.

I like taking all imput from the different forums I belong to... stance, hot rod, minitruck and adding them to my truck.. if you have any suggestions or opinion id love to hear them.
    I Drive Minitrucks.

Instagram: @cylnoma

Looks great man. I'm not at all into trucks, but i'd drive that.

Only thing that looks a bit "off" to me is the headlights
    @sd262 - instagram

Comment

I can appreciate the work that went into this. Lemme get a booty shot doe
      Flickr

Comment

Not bad, here in Belgium you don't see anything like this but I like it !
        Except the colour is not my thing but that's just a matter of taste.
        DAVYHUYGEN.BEBecreative.artistic.unique.yourself.

Official Photographer for Eurosunday Media, DHMedia, Raceism United & Declutched.

Davyhuygen.be - Facebook - Website

Comment

I hope you aren't talking about turning it into a WCT5, as that trans can't even hold 300hp. You will split the case real quick if you are trying to run 450 hp... That's why I went T56. Nice truck btw!
          1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350-
          Heads Cam Intake Procharged T56 Moser 9* Tokico Suspension
          1990 Ford Mustang GT 5.0- Stock
          1993 GMC Typhoon Garnet Red #1519- Stock

Comment

I can totally appreciate this
            This is my signature

Comment

Looks pretty cool

Only two things, I would clear out the headlights and paint the calipers in red
              IG: @blk_gtr

Comment

You will split the case real quick if you are trying to run 450 hp... That's why I went T56. Nice truck btw!

Comment

Thanks guys!

sorry about the headlights. no one makes any aftermarket ones so Im stuck with those, ones without the foglight in the amber or GMC Envoy ones which was HID but looks real dumb. Or I could swap out to an s10 front end. also, the bumper is a bit crooked bc im missing a foam spacer that makes it sit higher.. thats on the long list of nickle and dime stuff to get this winter haha

I was thinking about clearing them... or tintinf the amber darker, I think a full white lense wouldnt look right as a whole.

Calipers are Purple, the match my engine and sway bars... I would go red but they arent special.. just single piston stockers until I find a nice set of vette brakes for cheap.

Im about 350HP now im minimal mods.... WCt5s wont hold 450? I was on a website gloating on how good they are. Id like a 6 speed but my xmember is already custom fitted for the t5.
                  I Drive Minitrucks.

Comment

Hmm... it's cool.

But there's something off, imho. It just looks a bit like a mix up of various styles. The bood and stripes make me think 'muscle car'-ish, which doesn't really fit the current stance. I'd seriously love to see this thing dropped a bit further on some small wide wheels with some chunky semi slicks with tire lettering, think Nascar truck style.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                      Hmm... it's cool.

But there's something off, imho. It just looks a bit like a mix up of various styles. The bood and stripes make me think 'muscle car'-ish, which doesn't really fit the current stance. I'd seriously love to see this thing dropped a bit further on some small wide wheels with some chunky semi slicks with tire lettering, think Nascar truck style.
                      man, Ive been struggling with that forever.
                      I know exactly what you mean.
                      something isnt pulling it together.

Im a fan of the muscle truck theme... but I think I lost it in translation when I went with a 18/20combo. I like the styling of the pro touring muscle cars so thats why I went with a bigger rim. I think it looks really good tuckin 20s and meaty tires in the rear but something is still off. I think its my rim choice. as far as suspension goes, Im maxed out.. lowest possible drop. Im going to get coilovers this winter but itll stay the same height. The big shoes are whats keeping me from being lower.
                      I Drive Minitrucks.

Comment

I dig it.. Could do without all the stickers though.

instagram: jerrychoochoo

Comment

I love this thing as usual. I just wish the paint color was a little more... idk, serious? Lime green is a little too cute for it... Badass truck either way though man.
                          IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt Nasty View Post
                            Im about 350HP now im minimal mods.... WCt5s wont hold 450? I was on a website gloating on how good they are. Id like a 6 speed but my xmember is already custom fitted for the t5.
                            It isn't the internals that always break. They like to split the case. If it is just the X-member holding you back, I would highly reconsider and go T56... Or grab a TKO.
                            1988 Pontiac Firebird Formula 350-
                            Heads Cam Intake Procharged T56 Moser 9* Tokico Suspension
                            1990 Ford Mustang GT 5.0- Stock
                            1993 GMC Typhoon Garnet Red #1519- Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Bullydawg View Post
                              It isn't the internals that always break. They like to split the case. If it is just the X-member holding you back, I would highly reconsider and go T56... Or grab a TKO.
                              Ill definitely be looking into this then. thanks!

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                              I love this thing as usual. I just wish the paint color was a little more... idk, serious? Lime green is a little too cute for it... Badass truck either way though man.
                              ya i hear ya on that.
                              I painted it when i was a senior in high school. 10 years later the paint is still flawless so I cant see repainting it. May vinyl wrap it when I get really bored, but for now.. That matches my personality pretty well haha If you knew me personally, youd expect it to be a crazy color, plus ive rode kawasakis my entire life so i think that was a big factor in the choice. I know its not for everyone but meh.

Originally posted by jerrychoochoo View Post
                              I dig it.. Could do without all the stickers though.
                              They will be coming off overt the winter except maybe the BUILT TO PARK bc.. well.. story of my life haha

so, I think I may have stumbled upon what I think will tie my truck together more based on imput from everyone..

I think some custom made Diamond Racing Wheels will do the trick.
                              I found the original owner of the rims and his specs so my truck will sit just like this.
                              although, he has 15s.. and I will be running 16s... with a polished lip and painted centers.
                              Ya, im kinda copying but what hasnt been done in the automotive world.

what do you think?
                              I Drive Minitrucks.

Comment

Working...
                              X