No announcement yet.

Straight outta Germany - Vol 2: E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be clear, in the pics the car was just taken down from the jacks and rolled out of the driveway. So it's not really settled, I think. It should come down some more once I've driven a bit with it, I think. For now, I'll just crank it down the remaining 5mm and see what that gets me when all is done. If it isn't enough, there's always the option of having the springs pressed. Also, I think the front may be riding on the bumpstops currently... gonna have another look at that.
    Last edited by Dr.AK; 08-14-2011, 08:54 AM.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

• Da hat sich jmd aber was lecker zsm gebaut ... Geil

Comment

• Oh yes... I wasn't sure about the arches at first, but that looks so right.

Nice work.
        S54 E36 Touring build here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=11730&page=3

Random E36 parts collection for sale - click here!

Comment

• Looks so good

Can you still get TÜV approved now ??

Comment

• Originally posted by MadMax View Post
            Looks so good

Can you still get TÜV approved now ??
            We'll see. I got all the necessary papers so it shouldn't be that hard.

Of course the car is way too low to be legal. I estimate the light output edge to sit somewhere around 44cm instead of the mandatory 50cm. Even less, once I get around to removing the bumpstops in the front, as I'm now very sure the car is sitting on these.

And all that when I already have 13 points on my traffic register... I must be crazy.

Comment

• looking goooood...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8)

Comment

• Looks wicked! I love when cars are in this stage of a build, all miss matched and primer patches, awesome

Comment

• das wird n geiler pampersbomber <3

Last edited by benshee; 08-16-2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
                    Looks wicked! I love when cars are in this stage of a build, all miss matched and primer patches, awesome
                    Me too.

Once it's all nice and painted you have to worry so much about scratches, rock chips and all that shit. When in this stage I don't feel bad beating the piss out of it lol

I <3 what you're doing here dr. Kalishnikova.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Thanks guys!

Photoshop magicsssss... Can't wait till it really looks like this!

Comment

• ^That's sexy.
                        Originally posted by Oxer
                        I dont know why, but I love your car.. Its OEM cleanness makes me happy in the genitals.

Comment

• damn cool

Comment

• So ill.
                            http://www.facebook.com/mephotog
                            http://www.facebook.com/rulingsociety

Comment

• nice job! wanna fix my e36 touring also?
                              www.bimmers.no

If something's hard to do, it's not worth doing. -Homer Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiff View Post
                                nice job! wanna fix my e36 touring also?
                                Sure, if I can keep it after I fix it.

------------------------

I just painted some black over the fender to see how it looks in body colour.

I was going to try forming out the stock edge on the outside of the fender, but now I'm not so sure.

1. I don't want to use such thick filler and also I'm not sure that I could do it smooth and round.

2. The proper way to recreate the fender edge would be to weld on a bit of sheet metal and then fill the rest of the fender, I think. That's outside of what I can do currently. Way outside.

3. Now with the shitty paint on to see how it looks... I think the pulled smooth look is growing on me. I don't find it as displeasing as I thought I would.

I think I'll just use filler to make it all smooth and call it a day - especially considering that the car goes in for paint in less than two weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X