No announcement yet.

1991 Mazda RX7 - From junk, to showcar in $3,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I wanted to do a v8 swapped fc but this thread gave me cancer. Also, is it running yet, why dont you just wire it already?

Comment

Fake steering wheel will lose. Had one on my fb. Plan on a very paniced moment in your future.

Comment

I enjoyed this thread far far too much. In for more lols and drifting >_>

Comment

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
          Hhhhyeah well you might know something about that.
          ouch
          Originally posted by Stupid Kid
          You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
            Make sure you test it!
            Fake Nardi steering wheel vs Real Nardi - Fat Guy Bends One! - YouTube[/url]
            .... well this is embarrassing....
            Originally posted by zxert View Post
            Bro. Just fire it up already. Just stick in the key and bam. That easy.

That and this quote are worth money in parts of albania.
            Do you know how many times I've stuck the key in and not bam?
            Originally posted by Mehowski View Post
            Well what can I say? This really is a fine example, that a well written thread can make the internet a million times more entertaining, on top of which the build keeps getting better and better Subbed and keen for more updates
            Thanks broham!
            Originally posted by axelillo_PR View Post
            Well I wanted to do a v8 swapped fc but this thread gave me cancer. Also, is it running yet, why dont you just wire it already?
            I was gonna say something about you enjoying chemo but then it felt really awkward so instead, idk. Live long and prosper.
            Originally posted by DragginWagon View Post
            Fake steering wheel will lose. Had one on my fb. Plan on a very paniced moment in your future.
            Must. Find. Real.
            Originally posted by aeok18109 View Post
            I enjoyed this thread far far too much. In for more lols and drifting >_>
            I plan to lay tread in every place I go. Chief slide a ho, this is my smoke signal.
            Originally posted by floatingdino View Post
            ouch
            Or just pout.

Comment

Breaking News!!!

Got the car running.

It dies almost instantly, and I'm working on figuring out what the deal is, but man am I glad to hear it fire. I think I'm going to have more issues with the fuel pump, might have to upgrade. Huge thanks to my friend John with the shop and know-how.

Last edited by Miroteknik; 09-06-2018, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Question: What is involved in going from external (clutch) slave cylinder to internal throwout bearing?

I currently have the external slave, which is easier to service, and most people like. The problem is, that the external slave sits right where my driver's side exhaust pipe should be running. I don't know how to run exhaust when time comes with the external slave setup. Looking for some information/ideas.

Comment

Answer:
                  Roses are red,
                  Violets are blue,
                  Women are useless,
                  Just like all of you.

I figured out the issue with the car dying, it was the chip/key security system that was no longer hooked up to the ECM, so the ECM was shutting the engine off. Sent the ECM to a genius in space to disable the VATS (Vehicle Anti Theft System), EGR crap, and set the speed governor to 250mph cause obviously thats how fast I'll be going. Still don't know what I'll be doing about my exhaust.
                  Last edited by Miroteknik; 09-06-2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment

You didn't check blinker fluid first? Amateur mistake, you're clearly a very bad mechanic, probably the worst.

There must be an obnoxious exhaust or else I'll beat you.
                    Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                    You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

Originally posted by floatingdino View Post
                      You didn't check blinker fluid first? Amateur mistake, you're clearly a very bad mechanic, probably the worst.

There must be an obnoxious exhaust or else I'll beat you.
                      There's only room for one worst mechanic on this forum.

It'll most likely end up with obnoxious exhaust, but I still wanna fight...

Comment

Yay updates! Def a crazy exhaust that runs up the rear quarter panel i believe is the law in your state? You could get sent to jail if you don't run one bro.
                        Stay wide my friends. @samthedandy

Comment

Originally posted by DaguerrotypeI View Post
                          Yay updates! Def a crazy exhaust that runs up the rear quarter panel i believe is the law in your state? You could get sent to jail if you don't run one bro.
                          Up the rear quarter panel? What is this, a Harley?

Comment

Got the computer back. Plugged it in. Fired it up and these are the sounds the cow makes

Got an LT4 knock module and headers, going to install those this weekend. Fill the transmission with fluid and whatever else I can come up with.
                            Last edited by Miroteknik; 09-06-2018, 05:50 PM.

Comment

just read the entire thread, 10/10 nice story and love your writing,

good to see the firing up, sucks about that spoiler tho,

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
                              "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

Sounds like shit

I love it and you and everything about this thread

Comment

Working...
                                X