Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any opinion on the eastwood vs powered by max vs, stance fender roller?
    doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

• moved
      Last edited by 4everkidd; 04-18-2012, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• Sorry been a bit tardy getting back to the thread, just been crazy busy as usual. also finally got the new garage set up so i can roll in air conditioned comfort now

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
        every done plastic fenders? lol like a saturn?
        plastic and composite fenders are a different ball game, i've done a few corvettes but no saturns,

Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
        Ever roll fenders on a 190e?
        190e is much the same as a lot of the older Mercs, the fenders are squared off so the roller is not the best tool, old skool hammer and dolly with lots of patience is the key to slowly roll them.

Originally posted by Jozi View Post
        I'm busy rolling the front fenders on my E30, so far I have the lip folded back up on it self. Is the possible to get it flat as right now there's a curve and gap where the lip is folded up. Was thinking a hammer and tap it flat would do the job? Will be repainting the wings anyway.
        Yep, hammer and dolly will do it, if you're painting the wings thats all the better, normally the flatter you work the lip the more likely it is to crack the paint.

Originally posted by Minty_Fresh View Post
        any opinion on the eastwood vs powered by max vs, stance fender roller?
        I like the Eastwood, its the best on the market for my money. i have a Max roller which is able to do very low cars where the Eastwood is too tall, thats the only time i use the Max. The setup on the Eastwood is also easier than the Max.

The Stance is also not bad, i've used it a few times but still prefer the Eastwood.
        Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• OK, here's some newer stuff from the last few weeks. i'm trying to take more pics seeing as everyone is always asking. I still only get around to taking pics of a very few cars i work on.

Had a girl bring over an 8th Gen Civic a couple of weeks ago, wanted to fit.20x10s on the rear 20x8.5s on the front
          ... made it happen

Just another Camry with 10s all around. rolled and pulled

Never miss a chance to work on some American muscle, first gen camaro with 12s on the rear, pull and shave.

Very nice e30 on real 17 inch BBS RS. 8.5 and 9.5x17. roll and pull all corners

Liberty VIP crew bought down this very cool Infinti, stsatic dropped on the floor! rolled and a few other tricks

Local guys "Low and Slow Crew" do not mess around! static drop G37. rolled, shaved, pulled ...

love this car!!! bagged accord wagon, rolled and pulled rear to tuck 18s. previous owner damaged the fronts by cutting them, but we'll roll the new fenders properly when the car gets painted

Mfest this week, so the Bimmer guys are getting ready.
          super clean e30m3 on classic 3 piece OZ rims, rolled and pulled

Yeah, i'm that guy you've heard about that rolls and pulls fenders in SoCal , hit me up .

Comment

• How do you go about pulling E30 fenders? Do you use the arch roller? I wouldn't mind pulling mine a little, trying to get 16x9 with (dare I say it) proper sized tires to fit, there might be some bigger wheels going under the arches as well at some point in the future.

--- edit ---

Bit like the red E30 above, possible similar sized wheels also (but without the proper sized tires if it happened)

Comment

• Originally posted by Jozi View Post
              How do you go about pulling E30 fenders? Do you use the arch roller? I wouldn't mind pulling mine a little, trying to get 16x9 with (dare I say it) proper sized tires to fit, there might be some bigger wheels going under the arches as well at some point in the future.

--- edit ---

Bit like the red E30 above, possible similar sized wheels also (but without the proper sized tires if it happened)

the e30 can be a bit tricky. clean the inside of the lip very well, get all of the seam sealer stuff out, roll the lip with a roller or hammer and dolly, then pull with the roller or hammer and dolly, keep re test fitting the wheel to check your work, its easy to overdo it.

the problem with big tyres on the e30 is that they will rub the inside of the arch above the fender lip. thats the inner arch. the e30 has a crazy raised double skinned inner arch which can be a real pain. stretched tyres can get around this a lot of the time.

Comment

• Really admiring your work on the flat-arched cars, namely the red e30. I'm pretty adamant about keeping the flat fender lip when I do fender work on the mr2, and what you've done with that e30 really cements it.

How much pull is possible while retaining an oem look on these 80s style arches?
                Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
                Quitters never stance.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacbo View Post
                  Really admiring your work on the flat-arched cars, namely the red e30. I'm pretty adamant about keeping the flat fender lip when I do fender work on the mr2, and what you've done with that e30 really cements it.

How much pull is possible while retaining an oem look on these 80s style arches?
                  Those older MR2s are great to work with, you should be able to pull the rear about 1/2 inch and still have it look nice and stock. the front a little less. Doesnt sound like much, but with the lip rolled too, you'll get a lot of extra space.

You'll need to trim the side trim that fits on the belt line and meets with the fender opening. thats easy.

Comment

• Ever done a 190?

My plan is to cut out the lip, and just pull the fender if necessary. bad idea?
                    sigpic

Comment

• Overheat is something you need to be careful? Around how much time you heat the paint? Better with a heat gun or little gas torch?Any help would be appreciated! I'll probably roll/pull mine this week-end!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicolaus Pro View Post
                        Ever done a 190?

My plan is to cut out the lip, and just pull the fender if necessary. bad idea?
                        covered that a little earlier, dont cut them, roll and pull is the way to go

Originally posted by Phil G View Post
                        Overheat is something you need to be careful? Around how much time you heat the paint? Better with a heat gun or little gas torch?Any help would be appreciated! I'll probably roll/pull mine this week-end!
                        use a heat gun, a torch will make it very difficult to regulate the heat, the flame will burn the clear very quickly.

heat the paint to a point that you can still touch it without burning yourself, keep checking as you go,

Comment

• wow, totally forgot I already asked. My bad!
                          sigpic

Comment

• lol, no problem dude.

Comment

• Hey Tony, what fender rollers do you own and which do you suggest buying? I have the eastwood but its done its share of cars and is beat to hell, even had to have the head welded back on. Should i buy another eastwood or get a shorter one since most cars i do are lowered.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• I have a couple of Eastwoods, a JT Roller, a PBM and some no name Eastwood knock off i bought in Europe.
                                PBM is good for lowered cars that the Eastwood has trouble with, but the Eastwood is still the best quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X