Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus

Well I had my MKiii Jetta I had on H&R coilovers and some donk wheels and then I got rear ended, totaled that. Now I have a Focus. I was a little in awe with my decision on the Focus but after thinking for awhile I got the image of what I wanted in my head. Here's how she sits now.

Sorry for the crappy pics, and the fact that the car is filthy. The back will be coming down another inch or two this weekend so it will be level.

PLANS:
    Moar low!
    Rota RB's for my summer wheels, SVT Focus 16 spokes for next winter.
    Plaid roof.
    Roof rack.
    Projector headlights with 10k HID's.
    EDM tail lights.
    SVT front bumper.
    Color matched mirrors and door handles.
    And I've got a few other secret tricks up my sleeve.

Edit : The third picture is before I made any adjustments on the coilovers.

how about 5 more in the back and 4 more in the front?

Comment

Idk about all that. I'm content with the front until I get my wheels, then ill figure out what's goin on with that. And as I said the back will be coming down more this weekend.

Comment

I hope this comes out nice. Shouldnt this have ben in builds tho? Id love to c pix of the old jetta too...

Comment

If you want to swap an SVT front bumper on it you'll have to swap your hood, fenders, headlights and grill too from a 00-04 Focus.
          Last edited by blkfocuszx3; 12-10-2010, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Ya you cant go an svt bumper swap on that focus because there was never an svt. But you can do a focus st bumper swap. Its debateable wether or not to do that cause imo the focus st (american) looks ricers, try to find a lip.

Btw Moar Low
            [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/48424713@N06/5223683991/]

"If It Ain't Rubbin' It Ain't Dubbin"

Comment

Originally posted by Dubz View Post
              Ya you cant go an svt bumper swap on that focus because there was never an svt. But you can do a focus st bumper swap. Its debateable wether or not to do that cause imo the focus st (american) looks ricers, try to find a lip.

Btw Moar Low
              Coupla things, though you are on the right track...

1. The SAP (Street Appearance Package) was not exclusive to the ST. It was also available on SE and SES models. It was also available both completely wingless and with the standard spoiler.

2. The SAP can be pulled off VERY well with good taste...

To the OP: Congrats on taking the plunge, I know many (NOT ALL) VW guys have a hard time comprehending the ownership of an American car, let alone a Focus. You will soon find out just how much fun we have here in Focus world!

Also, you may want to consider keeping the stock front bumper...

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

For me this is about making due with what I have, I got the Focus and wasn't completely unhappy with it, but wasn't in love either. I planned on leaving it stock, just continue making payments while saving for another Jetta, but one day I was looking at my car and just thinking damn, that would look good low. I think its the fenders that does it for me, it just looks really good with a tire tucked under it. The lip on that second picture looks REALLY good. Any details on it? Also, This is about my own style and preference. I know a lot of people don't like the idea of a Focus being customized, they think it's an old person car or a soccer mom car, but that's not why I'm in this, I'm not here to impress anyone, and if you are you're definitely in this for the wrong reason. Although, I do really appreciate all the good comments and feedback I've gotten. Any constructive criticism is very much so welcome. All the other BS comments can be kept to yourself.
                Last edited by BlackOutJetta; 12-11-2010, 01:41 AM. Reason: Grammar correction.

Comment

No need to get defensive. After reading through all the commentary in this thread, i've noticed that:

1) No one was trying to be rude.....I mean this site IS called StanceWorks after all. And go read any other build thread where a car is not sitting on the tires and everyone will be saying "moar low!".

2) People WERE trying to give you constructive criticism. The SVT bumper in your proposed mod list is for a different year Focus, so they were simply stating that it would be a lot more work than just simply swapping the bumper, hence why they were suggesting other options. No one was saying that your idea to swap to an SVT bumper was a bad idea. They were just stating that it might be more work than your expecting, and thus were trying to throw some other ideas your way.

That being said.....it sounds like your on the right track. Focus's can look pretty dope when done up nicely. There's a chick on here with a silver ZX3 that looks soooo dope.....so take notes from her and you'll be breaking necks in no time
                  MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                  Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

your username looks familiar, didnt you have the jetta with a rabbit front end on vette wheels? what happened to it?
                    LOWBALLERS

Comment

I guess I can see where that seemed defensive, that's not how I meant it. I've just talked to a lot of people and got the reaction "you wanna do what? To a Focus" a lot. I know nobody was trying to down me or my ideas, and I appreciate that. That being said, it's one of the reasons I like this forum, there isn't a lot of shit talking on here like many other forums.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackOutJetta View Post
                        I guess I can see where that seemed defensive, that's not how I meant it. I've just talked to a lot of people and got the reaction "you wanna do what? To a Focus" a lot. I know nobody was trying to down me or my ideas, and I appreciate that. That being said, it's one of the reasons I like this forum, there isn't a lot of shit talking on here like many other forums.
                        Personally, the idea of a modified Focus doesn't really seem all that odd to me. I mean yeah.....there might not be that many "stanced" Foci in existence, but there is a pretty decent modified Focus scene. My roomate actually has a boosted '05 Focus, and asides from the fact that it's blurple, I don't really give him shit for it. Then again I drive an orange Miata, so I don't really have much room to talk....lol. I haven't really seen this body style ('05+) stanced out though. All the fitted Foci i've seen thus far have been first gen's for the most part.
                        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
                        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Ughson - sounds badass but it wasn't me. There's and intro thread floatin around somewhere and ill post pics of it tomorrow.

OSSHWA - I've been lookin around FocalJet gettin some ideas, there's a few of my body styles on there that look awesome. I'm honestly more excited to see how this turns out than I have been about any of my four cars I've had. And about the girls ZX3, idk if you know this or not, but does she have pink camber arms? If so, I've seen in on FocalJet, and fell in love the second I saw it.

Most of the car guys I hang around with are either honda drivers or minitruckers, I've myself had an 87 s10, two MKiii Jettas and then when I got this everyone was very surprised. The very few Focus' I've seen in my area with modifications have all had, in my opinion, ridiculous body kits and stuff, one even had dual center exit fart cans. If that's your thing cool, but its definitely not mine. As I said I'm looking forward to progress on this thing as much as I hope whoever reading this is. And again, thanks for all the positive feedback and more is always welcome.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackOutJetta View Post
                            And about the girls ZX3, idk if you know this or not, but does she have pink camber arms? If so, I've seen in on FocalJet, and fell in love the second I saw it.
                            Yes, she does have pink camber arms.

That picture that was posted up there of the red zx3 is my car. The lip was made by FocusSport (now FSWerks) and is no longer produced but supposedly there are some replicas floating around ebay and one pops up for sale on Focaljet every now and then.
                            I drive a Focus.

Comment

^ love your sig. Im very proud to drive a focus(boosted/not yet stanced) as well...

Comment

Working...
                              X