Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's like driving a photoshopped Ferrari with splits and 6" lips...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still think it needs more tire, but I can't believe the quality of body work. If I saw it in passing I probably wouldn't second guess it.
    '02 WRX | FLICKR.COM/AVIDWORKS

Comment

• I love the car, but I feel the stripe takes away from the otherwise clean look to it.

Still pretty cool though.

Comment

• damn, as typical my mind was blown for the first couple of minutes...

I personally like it, and must get so much interest at meets and shows, but kudos for doing something so custom man! Not really feeling the stripe because as mentioned *^ it takes away a clean look from the car.

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

• The stripe grows on you. It's brushed aluminum and matches the split spoke theme of the wheels. Here are a couple more pics.

Last edited by exexpat; 05-31-2015, 08:46 PM.
          My first JDM project after decades of European cars!

Comment

• Im still sad I havent seen this thing rollin around!

I love that you have that rack of wheels/tires

Comment

• Thread resurrection - new wheels.

Rennen CSL 3 20x9 225/30 ET20 + 65mm spacers and 20x11 285/25 ET23 + 85mm spacers

It could be the only Celica with 285/25/20s mounted. Will post a rear shot if the weather ever improves in the PNW.

Edit: Oh, and stripe is long gone.
              Last edited by exexpat; 03-21-2016, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Love the plates, and the new wheels!
                SAAB 900 T16s

Comment

• Glad to see you still have this, the new wheels look awesome
                  Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

• My buddy spotted your car a couple weeks ago + posted a pic on his facebook. It sparked a mini discussion on his facebook wall about exactly what your car was :P Half the comments *****, the other half admired :P

Comment

• Liking the new wheels

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

• i **** it, think it should be crushed. To make sure it gets done, i will take it off your hands and do it myself at no charge to you....lol

on a seriuos note.... i love everything about it. i loved the first wheels you had with the flat lip and i love these ones now also. that booty shot. god dam! well done sir!

Comment

• do you have a build thread for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by C2_mad View Post
                            i **** it, think it should be crushed. To make sure it gets done, i will take it off your hands and do it myself at no charge to you....lol

on a seriuos note.... i love everything about it. i loved the first wheels you had with the flat lip and i love these ones now also. that booty shot. god dam! well done sir!

Here are better pics of the wheels. Working on a couple more.

Edit: thought this was a decent shot depicting the 285/25/20 rear versus the 225/30/20 front tires...
                            Last edited by exexpat; 04-12-2016, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• This thing looks cool.
                              Only thing that bugs me is the fact that it's FWD

Cheap ain't badass, badass ain't cheap.

Comment

• Are these just a second pair or did you get rid of the other set ? These new ones are nice, but the other set is sick !

Comment

Working...
                                X