This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Racing Hart Type Cs 17x8.5 +24, 17x9.5 +28

Up for sale are my freshly refinished Racing Hart Type Cs. This is your chance to own one of the classic wheels of the 90s in great condition. They were restored with the mindset of paying tribute to the original styling of the Type C, with small improvements and a personal touch.

Specs
    Front: 17x8.5 +24. 1.5" lip, rare high disc pad that clears bbk. 215/45/17 Nankang NS-20 99% tread (bought new 6/19).
    Rear: 17x9.5 +28. 2.5" lip. Standard face. 235/40/17 Nankang NS-20 99% tread (new 6/19).

I have spared no expense in restoring these wheels. Below is a complete list of what was done. The wheels were originally purchased in weaker specs, spray painted black, and curbed all around.
    - Faces and inner barrels powdercoated Mirror Silver, with gloss clear top coat. This color is very close to the original, but with a bit of sparkle, and much more depth.
    - 1.5" and 2.5" lips sourced off like new (6 months old) VS-XX. No curb rash. They are now chromed.
    - Brand new chrome M8x32 hardware (bolts + nuts) purchased from Bagged Proper.
    - Wheels professionally assembled by Threepiece.us.
    - Complete center caps were sourced and imported from Japan at a considerable cost. I have yet to see another set available since.
    - Center cap dishes chromed to match lips.
    - Center cap coins scrubbed and cleaned. These are in possibly the best condition of any used set I've seen. The "Type C" logo is still very clear with almost no fading.

The one and only blemish on the wheels is as follows. The original shop that chromed the lips did not do a quality job. When the wheels were assembled, the chrome plating began to wrinkle and bubble in a few spots. Because of this, I'm including the cost of re-chroming into my price. They will be sent to Threepiece.us and have the lips chromed properly, and then reassembled.

Pricing is as follows:
    - Complete wheels, center caps, and tires: $2700.
    - Complete wheels, chrome dishes (no colored hex caps), tires: $2500.
    - Complete wheels, no center caps, tires: $2400.

Take $150 off each price if you do not want tires.

Willing to ship with or without tires at buyers expense.
    Located in SoCal.
    Message if interested.

Prices are pretty firm unless you do not want the center caps. I am more than willing to keep those due to their rarity and the lengths I went to obtain them. You will be hard pressed to find another set of these wheels in such condition, and restored with this level of dedication. Before you scoff at the price, realize unrefinished sets sell for up to $2k.

I'm willing to work out a payment plan for the wheels, provided a serious down payment is made.

The only trades I would consider would be for a set of square 17x9 +38 Desmond Regamasters + cash on your end, or 17x9 +40 Volk ZE40s.

These wheels have been my labor of love for the past few months. I have thoroughly enjoyed the process and challenge of completing such a build. I have decided to sell them however, to fund an engine/trans swap. I am in no huge rush to sell them, so don't lowball me or ask me "what's the lowest you'll go". If you know wheels, you know what these are worth. They are a piece of Import Tuning History, and they can be yours.

Racing Hart Type C
    With Enthusiasm and Power of Execution

Still available.
    Racing Hart Type C

Comment

Bump! 4th of July weekend special, $2100 as is or $2600 with new chrome.

And some more pics:

Racing Hart Type C

Comment

Sold
        Racing Hart Type C

Comment

Working...
        X