Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rebuilding 2 piece iforged wheels

Hey all,

I came across a set of iforged wheels on the g37 forums a few weeks back for a steal and jumped right on them with intentions to rebuild/relip. Well,long story short, my dumbass failed to ask if theyre 2 or 3 piece, come to find out once i get them theyre 2 piece. So now obviously my relipping plans are out the door but I still plan on removing the faces to refinish and polish all the hardware. My question is, do I need to seal the face to the barrel, as a 3 piece wheel would be assembled, or do I just ned to apply thread sealant to each of the bolts?? ive tried searching and searching but Literally have not found anything for rebuilding 2 piece wheels, only 3 piece. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I wouldn't think you would need to as long as the hardware is torqued correctly. Air will not leak from the barrel as there is no joint to leak from.

However, that being said, not all 2 piece wheels are the same.
    It really depends on what your 2 pieces are and some do require sealant.
    There are actually many different types of 2 piece wheels.
    The different types are:
    - Face + Barrel and Lip as a separate piece
    - Barrel and Face separate
    - Lip + Face and Barrel separate.

Did the face come with a gasket of some sort?
    Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

thanks for the quick response. I have not taken them apart yet,so I am not sure about a gasket, but it seems that the face is separate from the lip+barrel as there is no separation when looking at the outside of the barrel.

Comment

anyone!? lol

Comment

Iforged wheels are typically either 3 piece or 2 piece welded meaning that the face is welding to the lip and barrel. You can check by looking at the back of the face and see if theres a weld or not.
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

nope, theyre 2 piece as the faces have already been detached from the barrel. so pretty much at this point I just need a tip when reassembling; Do i just need to apply threadlock to each bolt or do i need to apply silicone where the face meets the barrel as well?

Comment

Thread lock or silicone is not necessary when reassembling. However, it's important to properly torque down each bolt to approximately 25lbs of torque.
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/imag...es/cruisin.gif

Comment

Working...
              X