Rolling Diameter on Quattro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling Diameter on Quattro

Just wanna confirm that running a 225/40/18 and a 245/40/18 will be ok? Based on my math it's a rolling diameter difference of 2.5%, it also helps that the new 225s I'm getting run a little big, so it's probably more like 2-2.2%. Will that be alright?
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

i had 1.2% of on my 4 motion system. they say that i wont take dmg of that little. so im guessing 2.2% wont be problem either.
    Visit Bagriders.com for the best deals on Airride suspension.

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

Just my 2 cents. The quattro system in the B series chassis Audi's is Torsen, meaning its a fully mechanical gear setup. While there is some tolerance built in for tire wear, its not designed to have any difference in rolling diameter, unlike the Haldex based systems in the R32, or the viscious systems in for example an AWD Porsche. If you can keep the rolling diameters the same, I would recommend it.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
        Just my 2 cents. The quattro system in the B series chassis Audi's is Torsen, meaning its a fully mechanical gear setup. While there is some tolerance built in for tire wear, its not designed to have any difference in rolling diameter, unlike the Haldex based systems in the R32, or the viscious systems in for example an AWD Porsche. If you can keep the rolling diameters the same, I would recommend it.
        hm, maybe you are right sir. cause i had the Haldex system in my 4 motion.
        Visit Bagriders.com for the best deals on Airride suspension.

Stbk123 - Instagram.

ViolentClique

Comment

Just run a 235/40r18 all around. haha

Comment

Doesn't even matter now. Got a set of 225/40s for cheap so I got all 4 hahah.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
            X