Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is 215/40r18 on 9.5" a safe stretch?

Hi all

It's been 2 weeks I'm debating with my self if I should go 215/40 OR 225/40 on my next set of wheels that are 3sdm 0.06 18x9.5 et40.

It is going on my s4 4.2 v8 that I daily drive. I noticed that I sometimes like to "hard cornering and floor it" to stfu at the nerdz behind me with is honda v6...

I may have to re adapt my driving habits when rolling on stretched tires but is to risky to run 215/40 tires with "un matching" load rates and speed rates. (I only find 89w instead of 94w or 94y that audi require...) but tell me how sketchy it is (or not at all) to run a setup like this?

Btw, car is on air ride.

Many thanks

Bump

Comment

Your typing makes you seem like a douche bag.

It all depends on the amount of stretch you want. Plus, it's not like you are going to run beyond the speed rating of any of your tires for extended periods of time on a normal commute.

Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I run a 225/40 on a 19x10. You should be good, if you want you can go to tyrestretch.com and look up what various brands and widths look like.
        Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

good, it's not like you are going to run beyond the speed rating of any of your tires for extended periods of time on a normal commute.

Comment

lol
            CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

I did some Googling and found this, these are 18x9.5 +38 with 245/40 tires. I'm not sure you would actually need 215/40 on a B6 S4, unless you rubbed when you were aired out? Especially if you "like to hard cornering and floor it."

Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Working...
              X