1972 bay window bus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks!
    Anyway i did some stuff i forgot to document a couple days ago.
    where the Mirror goes.

Reformed

Primered

THe weld i ****

Almost there

all trim holes filled in now

you likey my clearance

all reflectors off
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.
    Instagram: bigslowchevy

Comment

• Originally posted by Madhatter View Post
      you likey my clearance
      your sig says it all lol

good work

when u plan she's ready for paint?
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
        your sig says it all lol

good work

when u plan she's ready for paint?
        lol tru

She will hopefully be painted by early next year. Would be like next week if i had more scratch lol
        the VW community is weird. dont try to understand, its like understanding africa.

Comment

• Well good news is i did some work today. Bad news is i dont have a camera handy... So ill update tomorrow. But i did manage to make my bus a facebook page. So if you want like it. It may go more in depth on the build and what not.

Comment

• I cant get a camera ready for anything haha. I may invest in a new one.

Comment

• frickin love buses man. would look sweet body dropped, like the t2d one. keep up the good work fella.
              PATCH WORKS UPHOLSTERY

Comment

• looking sweet
                sigpic

Comment

• Thanks guys. Im hopefully dropping it 5 inches before new year. And it should have some seriously ballsy camber

Comment

• Bought this and primer

filled the reflector holes(blurry pics)

Finished a crap load of trim holes

The other reflector holes

the filled weld all sanded

primered

the vw family

Primered hole bumper but got lazy taking pics

Weld to be filled next time.

Comment

• happy to see the updates, looks like another beautiful day in the land of Volkswagon.
                      I could not help but wonder how much primer and filler you have used on this bus thus far...

Comment

• Thats a really good question, For the primer, Im estimating like 8 cans so far, And i still have to do te top which is like 2-3. And for filler, not really 2 much like maybe a full can total. Its just on some i left it open and it hardens so i ruined like half haha. But the reason im using so much primer is because Its huge and stuff and once i primer it i find little imperfections so i sand it down and fix all the imperfections possible. It pisses you off at the time but i think it will pay at the end when its painted.

Comment

• lookin' good, cant wait to see it "finished"
                          now take it home and f*** with it- deftones

Comment

• haha thanks, At the age its at, it will probably never be finished, even when its nice ill constantly be updating stuff, lol doing small things to make it more modern.

Comment

• are you welding the holes shut or just putting bondo over it? Anything over 5mm in circumference has a good change of cracking over time. Looking good though nice to see your doing it yourself. feel your pain with the body work haha.

Comment

• Well on the really small stuff im just putting bondo, but in the big stuff i get some chicken wire like stuff and put bondo on that and sand it down. Thanks man, yeah the bodywork is a drag but i rather me to do it and learn than some other guy do it and i spend thousands haha.

Comment

Working...
                                X