Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another E36 M3 story. At least its a techno violet sedan (Photo intensive)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another E36 M3 story. At least its a techno violet sedan (Photo intensive)

Restart

Something happened and my account posts and thread got deleted. No clue what happened and no moderator has gotten back to me to even try explaining what happened. Im going to give this one more shot and hope it stays up.

Long story short, my girl and I had a nice e36 M3 but we ended up selling since we wanted to start fresh with a sedan.

We wanted to get a sedan this time and if we were going to spend the money to look for the right color. We ended up looking for Techno Violet or a Dakar Yellow sedan.

After 3 months of searching, we found one out of state. Let the road trip begin.

We get to Oregon to pick up the car and just our luck, it snowed the night before.

Yup, now we are driving home with sport tires on snow. Also a truck drove around us, kicked up a rock and cracked the windshield

Drove all the way to CA just fine. We washed the car and here she is. The new daily project.

The garage

After talking with my buddy at KW. He had me give these a shot. ST XTA Coilovers. They are basically KW V2's with Clubsport camberplates and spring rates.

We also found a set of Dinan wheels. They were hurting so we decided to redo them.

Its always great having her help. Much easier to split wheels

AND THE FINISHED PRODUCT!

Unfortunately right after they were finished someone made me an offer I could not refuse so I never even got them mounted on the car.

Guess its time to redo my Kinesis and make sure they are nice and clean.

Its time for the coilovers to go on.

As we were putting the coilovers on we realized the thermostat gasket was leaking. So we went to pickNpull and picked up a metal housing.

Since it was bad this made it a perfect time to delete the Clutch Fan.

Parts:
    - Metal thermostat housing
    - Low temp thermostat
    - Low temp fan switch
    - Water wetter

The tools to pull off the clutch fan.

Old metal housing we picked up

Where it was slowly leaking from

Cleaned it and decided to paint it

Getting the reg. temp sensor out

New low temp fan switch

Small issue. The clip is off. So youll have to trim the little line off the plug

Paint dried

Low temp thermostat

Almost done

DONE!

Now since we did all that we decided to change some other stuff. I mean Im not working on it, so why not. Change away

Parts:
    - NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
    - BMW Igniter Boots

Alignment time. I think we drove enough on it the last few days to let the coilovers settle.

Driving back from the place. She loves it.

We went for a mountain drive and it started raining. Looking at the iphone my girl found a cool side road. We decided to take it and the car got really dirty.

Washed

Hanging out with friends in LA for Bimmerfest last year

We got home and found someone selling a clean pair of OEM rear mudflaps. Why not

So I somehow scored 235/40/17 Falken RT615's from Falken. I worked out something with them. Always loved these tires. My buddy at SpeedElement always hooks it up and they are the only guys in the area I trust not to scratch my wheels since they do dope wheels all the time.

And to celebrate the new rubber, we went for a drive.

After the last drive, the front brake parts were not doing so hot. So I installed my OEM 2 Piece floating rotors I had laying around from my last car and I put in brand new Project U Clubracers. These pads are awesome.

And after another coilover adjustment. Alignment again...

And the other project

We had my buddy at Carbonite Detailing do full paint correction on the car. Freaking amazing. I cant believe how good the color looks now.

One day goes by and there is pollen spots all over the car. WTF. Did get a windshield banner on. Nakai approves.

Rain again. Yay for rain. We have not gotten that much rain in CA so its nice every time it comes

And I finally found something Ive always wanted to do on the e36. Only US M3 not to have ITB's. I found someone selling the "dbilas dynamic" ITB kit.

UPDATE

And one of my friends decided to sell his RS's. Here is the test fit.

Specs:
    5x120
    17x8.5 ET13 Square
    205/40/17 Square

So....... I cant do the stretched tires on a car Im going to use for mountain driving bliss. I decided to move the order of the lips/barrel/center in order to get more offset. The centers will be face mounted. I had to get the back of the wheel machined to now fit the lip and barrel in the back.

Finally took the time and washed it again.

UPDATE

No much happeded. Went for another drive with the babe. I mean my girlfreind, not the car

UPDATE

New goodies

- Sparco Seat/Brakets/Sliders
    - Bimmer World Seat Mounts
    - NRG Quick Release Hub
    - Momo X Illest Steering Wheel no.111
    - Momo Hub

UPDATE

Decided to clean up my garage and side yard. I got a dumpster to toss all the stuff I don't need out.

Pulled the 2002 out

Cleaned up the back yard. All thats left.

UPDATE

Slacked a lot on the M3 as I have been working on our 135i. That being said I managed to park next to this bad ass Alfa on our trip to LA. Loved how clean it was. I hope he did not mind that a squeezed next to him. Parking was a mess

Coming up next:

- BBS RS's have to get rebuilt
    - Seat and steering wheel has to get installed
    - ITB's are getting sent out to get synched
    - Ordering new falkens for the RS's

good good good.

Excited to see those wheels mounted

Comment

Looks so clean

Comment

UPDATE

A little update. Been busy and have not had time for the car.

RS's are apart

I've never test fitted the wheels since I had the back of the face machined. Thought I should give them a go today

Here it is

For me its a good fit, I know for most of you its not "stanced". Since I'm going to run a 235/40/17 Falken RT615k on it, I'm happy. I can pull a bit of camber out of the rear and I can run a 3mm if a need to. I don't want to roll the rear fenders. Keeping them OEM.

Bolted the lips to the faces with some random bolts

One way to clean the lips

Time to fix that little curb rash on the lips

Wet Sand 1000

Did 1500 and now 2000

Some polish

Power ball

one more time

There she is

Yeah, F this. I need to get gloves which I ran out of and I'm going to redo all the lips. I'm going to start 300 and up all the way to 2500. I might as well do them good.

So since I kinda gave up on that for now, my girlfriend decided she will put the seat in. While I washed all that crap off my hands she took the stock seat out and installed the Bimmerworld mounts. I honestly can't believe she got all that done while I tried to get that stuff off my hands.

It started sprinkling at this point so I did not clean the carpet. Now that I see what it looks like, I'm going to have to do it.

She's trying to line up the holes and figure out where she wants to bolt it. We have to make sure I can slide it all the way back for me and she can slide it all the way to where she can reach the pedals as well

This looks like a good spot

Our dog finds what she's doing very interesting

So I wanted to see what he's looking at. He's right, it looks funny.

And almost done

DONE!

Before I put on the hub and steering wheel, here is the problem

I'll drill out the 2 bottom bolts and tilt the column next week. Both my girlfriend and I like the seat low so we have to lower the steering wheel. We had it set up like this on our old E36.

Done for today. I'm going to go test out the seat

Last edited by TechnoV; 05-21-2016, 10:19 PM.

Comment

sweet color

Comment

love this man !!
            Passion Garage

http://www.voomeran.jp

Comment

I'm pretty sure I saw this at the Fatlace meetup last week, car looks great in person!
              99 GS 400
              85' 190d
              99 Q45 (slightly nicer)
              97' q45 (rip)
              ig: erik.docx

Comment

Originally posted by leaferiksin View Post
                I'm pretty sure I saw this at the Fatlace meetup last week, car looks great in person!
                You did Thanks man. I was a cool little turnout.

UPDATE

Picked up a E46 M3 Intake Manifold to try and make work with the ITB's. I don't really like the Dibilas cast intake manifold. I want to run velocity stacks or trumpets and the e46 m3 one has them built in the manifold.

I also had to stop by the warehouse since I forgot my laptop charger there. Here is 3 photos from my night.

Custom Rotifrom NUEs

And of course the usual gas station shot.

Comment

Updates?
                  E36 Bonnie

Comment

Holy fuck. That Momo wheel is insane

Comment

This color looks so good, even with the 2 extra doors

Love the works and how "clean" they are, keep it update

Comment

Very very nice example of a well done E36, love the black wheels too

Comment

Working...
                        X