Clear All

Originally posted by XThirtySeven View Post
    Easy way to not bust oil pans

BFI Stage .5 or 1 engine mounts
    EURO image engine mount spacers
    SKID Plate

Clearance for days

Sent from my Dreamcast Web Browser using Tapatalk
    if you're low on 17's a new set of OEM motor mounts and euroimage billet spacers would do the trick. my ride height is 19.5 fender to ground on 15's with 195/45's -- busted mounts and euroimage spacers and it got rid of me scraping the pan consistently. clearance all day if you're on 17's... my control arms on the other hand... different story.

Comment

Alright i sourced Adapters for a good price but will ET15 all around work on a 16x7.5 with a 205/40 on it. I had 16x7.5 with 195/50 on it with a all around ET 18 and it rubbed pretty bad. Dare I go ET12 in the rears? My fenders are rolled but not pulled.

Comment

Finished a long overdue project.

Comment

Hello,

The car look 100 times better than the first shot of it. My opinion, on VW's from this period, is the wheels to go with are some widened steelies.

Good luck with the customization.
          Tico '99, no ABS, no EBD, no TCS, no ESP = more fun

Check out my blog: http://madaboutvintagecars.blogspot.com/

Comment

It is a totally different car from what you started with, great job!
            "The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer."

Comment

Thanks guys, I was afraid that the red door cards would be too random with the white car but I really dig it. The headlinner is finished in black suede, the ABC pillars are going black and I deleted the visors since the Broadway mirror took their place. Those parts will be installed within the week. I really want to put in the motor mounts, motor mount spacers and skid plate I'm sick of not being as low as my other Jetta was. Next paycheck I get commission so I'll order the adapters and if its good enough I might get the lips polished. Any suggestions for the car are appreciated.

Comment

Imo you need wider lips and/or barrels. Stretch and poke looks really awkward on narrow wheels.

Comment

Car got some go fast love today. More responsive throttle and the site says +10HP. It feels better than stock.

Comment

Great progress. I still miss my black '97 VR Jetta, its the car that introduced me to proper stance and fitment. Shame it never lived to its full potential (drove it off a cliff avoiding a deer). I really want another. The sound of a VR is holy.
                    - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
                      Great progress. I still miss my black '97 VR Jetta, its the car that introduced me to proper stance and fitment. Shame it never lived to its full potential (drove it off a cliff avoiding a deer). I really want another. The sound of a VR is holy.
                      Damn that sucks! Any pictures of her?

Comment

Only got pics of her on the roof about 80 feet down an embankment. Guess you could say she was too slammed to live haha. I'll own another MK3 because of that very instance, I walked away from that ordeal with just a bruise. Had I dipped off a mountain road at 75mph in my Integra back then I'd have been done for.
                        - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

You rarely ever hear of anyone getting seriously injured in a MK3, I crashed my first of 6 MK3s going 80mph into a freeway center divide, stepped out with a bruise from the airbag and nothing else. Glad to hear you made it out safe but it sucks the car didn't. Tax season is here and you can find MK3s for cheap

Comment

Time to ditch the Rokkors, just ordered CXRacing Coilovers with the 32 way dampening. Sick of bouncing around. These were $650 after tax and ride like K Sports so I hope ill be happy.

Comment

Installed:

CXRacing Coilovers
                              BFi Stage .5 Motor Mounts
                              Euro Image Engine Mount Spacers
                              New oil pan and gasket
                              Oil Change

Car rides like a dream. Also switched tires over to my OZ wheels and when I get adapters I'm going much lower and putting on the skid plate.

Comment

Haven't updated in a while.

My bumpers are back from the shop! Also started mocking up the trunk.

Trunk

Old

New

Front w/ shaved markers and lower vents

Rear w/ shaved exhaust and tow hook

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X