MK3 VR6 Jetta "The White One"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MK3 VR6 Jetta "The White One"

Picked up this VR for 1k with blown front struts, other than that it runs awesome but is a little beat up. Driver seat was torn so I traded a friend my Audi seats for his Corbeau racing seat and Schroth Harness. Threw on my Momo Wood Grain wheel and got a Pioneer head unit with an L7 Kicker and 1000 watt amp to compliment the factory Bose system. Great for a daily and I had the stuff all laying around so I spent $0 there. On to pictures.

When I first got it, pic from the ad

Got it to the wifes parents house and it sat there while I pulled the Rokkors from my other car.

Better tires, different wheels, Rokkors on

Started spray paint fun, I like the flat feel of the High Heat paint

Don't like OEM skirts sold them for $50 and went with truck bed liner, say what you will it's my car my style.

Serge came over and we did some lip/bumper work on our cars

Threw on my red bumpers while the white ones were prepped for spray bed liner and raced to Elk Grove to pick up these Diamond Racing Steelies for a good price, got them on and the ET was like -5 or something so they touched the caliper and poked too much. FAIL.

Volvo lip, smoked corners and sides, need 1 more fog then I'll put the smoked dummies and yellow fogs on

Slapped it together. I like it

Textured moldings and texture all around

Slapped on the new wheels and rolled the fenders. As you can see all my work is done at night.

Went out for a mini photoshoot

Need smaller tires and 1 fog light then I'll be content. Been thinking about trading it for something new. I've had 6 MK3s

And that's my daily.

maybe debadge the rear?

damn sure was a bucket upon purchase
    i like the volvo lip (from what volvo)

good progress was made

but rokkor?
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

smaller tires and some more low and itll be perfect, dig the white on white just **** seeing ghetto textured bumpers...
      Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

I just can't dig the volvo lip. Maybe because it's reverse mounted? I'm not sure.
        "...it's not about the parts, it's about the look and feel of the car as a whole" - Jason Whipple, Rotiform

Comment

Off to a good start. I never liked those wheels on a w210 but your car can actually make them look good. Keep it up.

Comment

Sweet deal. The black skirts make it look higher though

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. Im getting tired of the wheels already. They're heavy with that much meat on them and adapters just add to rotating mass. Im going to put them up for sale and save for diamond racing steelies and 195 45 15s. I miss being low and this jus prevents me. Any input on backspacing for a 15x8? And I went with the Volvo lip because they are inexpensive and different, everyone has a VR lip. Thinking about shaving the trunk as mentioned just dont know if I want to paint yet or do it all at once. The skirts balance out the whole black trim, to me it looks awkward white.

Comment

A lot has changed. New headlights, new fogs, new wheels and tires, starting interior work and trimming flares to fit. Car is coming along.

Test fit flares

Front End

Starting to change up the interior

My $3 camera mount for my iPhone

New wheels and more low,
                TSW Sakata 4
                17x8
                ET=35
                205/40/17

Comment

Nice progress man.

Not a huge fan of the new wheels though.

Comment

Looks tons better with the new wheels on but i say get rid of the car bra the rest of it has come on nicely tho
                    Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

mk3s like your friend serge's look so much cleaner w/o ghetto textured bumpers and ditching the GLX skirts only to truck bed liner....ugh. But hey its your car, glad to see some mk3s are still getting love.

Comment

When the car gets resprayed I'm shaving the rocker panels so either way no need for skirts. I ghetto textured my bumpers because the tops have cracks. New shaved bumpers will be put on when I respray. Also will put on smooth moldings. This is just a temp stage for the car until taxes come in and I can justify painting it. Most likely spraying it Indian Red.

Comment

Originally posted by XThirtySeven View Post
                          When the car gets resprayed I'm shaving the rocker panels so either way no need for skirts. I ghetto textured my bumpers because the tops have cracks. New shaved bumpers will be put on when I respray. Also will put on smooth moldings. This is just a temp stage for the car until taxes come in and I can justify painting it. Most likely spraying it Indian Red.

Comment

No more TSW's they are sold. Rockin these for now.

I am up to something

Comment

There's something about this car I quite like, and it take a lot for me to like a MKIII. Nice work.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

Working...
                              X