A tale of two fins (and a Ghia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A tale of two fins (and a Ghia)

Went for a little shoot downtown with Hardtail Sally (gold Benz) and Evelyn (Ghia). Enjoy! Played around with long exposures and stuff too.

Easily the most fun I've had driving around and doing a shoot, everywhere we stopped random people would come out of nowhere to look and talk to us, not to mention all the necks broken and stares from people on the road

Last edited by amotion578; 12-07-2014, 03:49 PM.
    The Northwest.
    Mercedes W110 'Heckflosse' | Jetta Mk4 8v
    IG: amotion578

beautiful. Nice job on the long exposures. Especially the dude on the bike

Comment

Originally posted by veedubbin View Post
      beautiful. Nice job on the long exposures. Especially the dude on the bike
      Thanks! I'm still getting used to the 6D and manual mode. Also processing night shots color balance and such. The garage lights are super amber color and it makes it fun to adjust white balance to ~2400-2600k
      The Northwest.

Comment

Another one for good measure- handed my camera to Hardtail's owner to move my Benz and he snapped a candid of me (first picture of me and the Benz in the same frame haha)

The Northwest.

Comment

i think so,beautiful. Nice job on the long exposures. Especially the dude on the bike

Comment

Pictures came out beautifully. Nice job!

Comment

i think so,beautiful.

Comment

Interesting cars (to say the least) and cool pix.

progress IS a slow process

Comment

The one with the fender skirt thingies gives me a kind of Mad Max vibe, heh.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

hard to choose a fave from these
                    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I'm glad you're all enjoying these pictures as much as I do!
                      The Northwest.

Comment

Fuck yeah Oregon

I've gotta say, as much as I usually detest ratted-out cars, Hardtail Sally is pretty rad.

Your white one is begging fly some kind of Cold War-era consular flags off the front fenders. Something like the East German flag or the UAR would be my picks

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
                          Fuck yeah Oregon

I've gotta say, as much as I usually detest ratted-out cars, Hardtail Sally is pretty rad.

Your white one is begging fly some kind of Cold War-era consular flags off the front fenders. Something like the East German flag or the UAR would be my picks
                          Hardtail Sally has relocated to Tacoma, but he was in Canby this weekend already and I convinced him to come down to the toy drive we ran Saturday and to do this shoot! Because when else would we have the opportunity to shoot probably the only two lowered W110's in the NW? haha

I like the ambassador themed cars so yeah, you're on the money with that idea! I'm between that or fabricating some sort of blackout light cover for the headlights (maybe for summer making a vinyl sticker to place over the lights and drive only in the daytime ), painting the car a dark gray (maybe plasti-dip-- I know not another dipped car --after some body work is performed to repair the big dent/rust holes as a temporary solution to a few G's on a complete paint job) and somehow getting a big WWII Wehrmacht Iron Cross magnet** made to put on the front doors. Retro German staff car

**magnet because I would not want to leave them on permanently, idiot masses could assume that iron cross = swastika = Nazi = anti-semite = vandalized car.

Which is ironic of all the JDM Rising Sun stickers that you can find on any given JDM enthusiast automobile, which nobody bats an eye, despite the fact that Imperial Japan prior to and during WWII committed genocidal atrocities much like ze Nazis did. Yet no one thinks twice about seeing that logo, but look out if you put any sort of insignia/design from WWII Germany in public, they're all Nazi apparently (and they're not- SS/death squad skull/swastikas are, IMHO, the big distasteful designs, whereas the iron cross is not).

This is what I mean by iron cross (probably not the working name for it but if you've seen any WWII movie you know what I'm talking about):

/end tangent about history and images related to genocide
                          The Northwest.

Comment

Nice cars, beautiful pictures !
                            DAVYHUYGEN.BEBecreative.artistic.unique.yourself.

Official Photographer for Eurosunday Media, DHMedia, Raceism United & Declutched.

Davyhuygen.be - Facebook - Website

Comment

Working...
                            X