Pegasus Test-fit on the Spartan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pegasus Test-fit on the Spartan

I came to the realization the other day that Volvo R Pegasus alloys just might fit my car with the same adapters I use for the Ferrari wheels. I'm not planning on changing the wheels, but I was curious just how close they fit. And it just so happened Stig had a couple 17x8" Pegs laying around, so we decided to give 'em a shot.

Keep in mind there's still room for the suspension to drop, I just couldn't completely air it out due to the block of wood and mismatched wheels/tires. Aired out, it looks like the lip of the wheel would barely kiss the fender arches in the front, and would tuck slightly in the rear. The only issue keeping them from being a perfect fit is that the center bore of the wheels is slightly smaller than the Ferrari bore, so they won't fit over the hub ring. With a short visit to a machine shop to remove about a millimeter of material from the hub bores, these wheels would fit with no problems whatsoever.

If anyone hasn't already seen my car, here it is on the 16x8/16x10 Ferrari wheels. Build thread is in my sig.

Last edited by Svenska94Aero; 09-08-2014, 09:49 AM.
    -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
    -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
    -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

I've always wondered how these older Saabs would look. I like it !

Comment

Working...
    X