1969 simca 1118

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One more pic!

Should this guy be put in another build thread?

Comment

cast up the 240v plug receptacle. The charger is set up so you can put 120v through it if you don't have access to 240v. It just takes 10hrs instead of 4 to charge. More and more are coming out with 480v chargers that can juice your car up in 15-45 mins!

Nothing like playing with sand, fire, and molten metal under the 100 degree Tucson sun! It's like the fun version of hell!

The cap, in the upper left, will be cut off from the sprue, and machined for an o-ring and fitted with a torsion spring to make sure the cap stays shut. Later, I might add a micro switch that interlocks with the charger, rendering the ignition inoperative when the cap is open(so, wen you are charging). The receptacle will be bored for the plug and o-ring. Some of the lettering took some sand with it. Im not too happy with it, but I think I'll clean it up with a die grinder, paint it black, and relief the letters. That might give it the '70s Porsche look i need.

Comment

told you, you are a wizard

always been intrigued by casting stuff

Once apon-a-time world famous Photochopper
        http://zammothechoppa.deviantart.com/ : )

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

A video of it running. Pardon the tow strapped doors, the sideswipe from before really muffed up the door alignment. I am going to clearance it with a 2lb sledge in the morning, when my neighbors don't need to sleep!

Man, I wish I had a clutch!
          And more amps, and voltage, and 1/0 cable that won't melt, etc.
          czech out this guy's twin engine setup (to anyone who cares)

I want to do the same thing, but cast an adapter, and have a toggle switch that closes another contactor, engaging the secondary motor(think Mad Max interceptor blower switch) so you could have a performance or economy mode.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions! EV's are getting much cheaper and more powerful than ever! plus, you can do crazy shit to them and people won't call you a hack, because they don't know any better!

Zammo, get on that shit! Its one of the cheapest hobbies to have! just sand, fire, and a pile of scrapmetal. I can do a write up, but honestly, that thread on vwvortex has it all covered.

Comment

Originally posted by godzillus View Post

czech out this guy's twin engine setup (to anyone who cares)

Zammo, get on that shit! Its one of the cheapest hobbies to have! just sand, fire, and a pile of scrapmetal. I can do a write up, but honestly, that thread on vwvortex has it all covered.
            haha wounder if he melts the zilla and has to water cool it lols

and yeah i got acces to plenty spare scrape metal just gotta build me a little furnace at work i reckon

will see maybe i can cast a few parts for my rt when i get to building it.a mate of mine had one once and he cast a new dash piece for it it come up good but was done at a place that actually casts stuff daily to make fishing chairs of all things

Comment

Originally posted by ZammoTheChoppa View Post
              haha wounder if he melts the zilla and has to water cool it lols

and yeah i got acces to plenty spare scrape metal just gotta build me a little furnace at work i reckon

will see maybe i can cast a few parts for my rt when i get to building it.a mate of mine had one once and he cast a new dash piece for it it come up good but was done at a place that actually casts stuff daily to make fishing chairs of all things
              haha yeah you'll find yourself wanting to cast things you never would have before. You talking about that old twin cam toyota rt? Those might be pretty rare here!

Did the video work for anyone? I'll try to get the file from the person who took it and post it on you tube or something

Comment

Yeah thats the one and you would be suprised how rare they are not the 2d GTs are but. Theres a lot of nice ones over in the USA and there be some more to still to find in barns around your country and in AZ they wouldnt even be rusted lol.

and vid no worky prob need to be friended first???

Comment

Dude amazing work!

Comment

Thanks dude!

Damn Facebook! I'm getting a new windshield installed tomorrow, and hopefully get registration and insurance for it soon, so I'll get some HD footage of it then. In the meantime, I will have some progress on the CNC (some castings) in the next few days and start ordering the motors and drivers for it. Pics up soon!

Comment

So, We had a small dash fire in the Porsche and decided to rewire the whole car using a rebel 12 circuit harness to clean up the rats nest of 30-40 year old wires. I'm about halfway done with that and then I can get back to work on my cars. I ended up buying another car recently. Anyone know what this is?

and I also got my 4-axis CNC control kit so I can get back to working on the router:

Comment

awesome...
                        STANCE | WORKS Celica 1974

Comment

God why does this only have 4 pages?!?!?!!?!?!
                          Amazing!

Comment

Very, very cool stuff my friend. Good work!

Comment

Originally posted by godzillus View Post
                              and I also got my 4-axis CNC control kit so I can get back to working on the router:
                              Oh please do hurry with this i wanna see it in action

what kit is that it doesnt look very complicated to setup, how easy/hard is the programing on that?
                              Last edited by ZammoTheChoppa; 06-20-2012, 05:22 PM.

Comment

that's a fiat x1/9, awesome thread man!

Comment

Working...
                                X