Alone in the Frigid North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alone in the Frigid North

Hey all, greeting from Alaska, I'm new to all this low-rider stuff so bare with me. I usually tend to take my vehicles the other direction, I drive Jeeps. BUT, my better half has a '96 Cadillac Eldorado that had an altitude adjustment with a hack-job air suspension done by a local shop. I can't stand that ugly feeling I get every time I'm reminded that her 'baby' has become a hoopty. I need some help getting this thing shaped up, it rides like total chit and the controller is some cheesy joystick POS called the AirBox that is so touchy its basically impossible to get the thing level. This spring when all this snow melts and we get the old girl out of hibernation it'll be time to address some of the ghetto- fabulous work that's been done to it.
    I can only find a couple exterior shots right now, I'll see if I can get some trunk pics up to show you what I'm working with as far as air management... Thank you in advance for any help you guys have for me, I'm going to need it with this project I think.

Change those wheels and it'll look way better. Love a dropped Caddy!
    [

Comment

ya that'll Never happen, she Loves her big heavy boat-anchors. You've gotta remember that it's a girly car so some sacrifices must be made for the sake of "pretty"

Comment

I don't quite understand how anyone could find those wheels attractive. I've never seen one of these before, with the right wheels it could work.

Comment

Not a fan of those wheels.

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
          Originally posted by Oxer
          You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
          Originally posted by Average_Jerk
          Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

ya, I know, but she's had them since we were in high school so she's kinda attached to them. I want something with a lip. Who knows, maybe after I get the suspension, stereo, and body all straightened out she'll be open to new shoes. But for now we'll all have to try and ignore the hood-rims and focus on the other part of the Stance. Right now I need to do something about this crappy air-ride install. Just so you know the level of workmanship, the front valves are mounted to the strut tower brace with zip-ties...

Comment

Hmm this reminds me of a story I once heard about a guy who opted for a cheap body kit install on his TT and got his car back with the bodykit drywall screwed to his car. Wasnt happy, cheap is never the way to go with any sort of install...

Take the car to a proper shop that has experience in air ride and have them overhaul it, at this point I wouldnt even touch it

But anways welcome to stanceworks, get some new wheels and well be friends

29 Model A // 55 GMC 100 // 66 C10 // 72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo // 75 CB500T Custom // 84 Jetta Diesel

72 BMW 2002 2.7 M20 Turbo Build Thread // INSTAGRAM

Comment

Working...
              X