Another old VW but i want a build thread somewhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D'artagnan View Post
    Great work man. What makes you go through cars so much though?
    idk

first car old, land rover discovery, given to me by my dad, had 250k on it, he decided it was to old and unreliable so he co-signed on a loan
    2002 1.8t jetta. loved it first real car. that i felt was mine, rear ended wile i was at a dead stop by an illegal mexican (not being racist he really was) doing 60mph. paid off the rest of the loan and bought the...
    1980 rabbit diesel, loved it. year later rear ended by a kid that lived up the street on his way to school wile i was sleeping in for a final. used the insurance money to buy
    1990 GLI. horrible choice. after the first year it started having a lot of electrical and motor issues. sunk a bunch of money into it and with getting a better job around that time i figured id get a daily.
    1982 turbo diesel caddy...... horrible daily. say what you want but the air ride would freeze in the winter and the injection pump was leaking so i sold it
    1999.5 golf 2.0. bought it off my friend that works at NGP racing. amazing car i loved it so much wish i kept it but i got a deal i couldn't refuse on the 2000 B5 s4 so i had to sell it.

oh and back to the issues part. after replacing dam near everything on the chassie of the GLI idk i just didn't like it. my heart was not really with the MK2 so when the opportunity came to get a rabbit i took it. plus the MK2 was to clean to do any cutting and welding and do a tear down on like i wanted to. to test my skills and grow. the rabbit is allowing that.

sorry for the novel. no other real way to explain why I've had 7 cars and I'm 21. but all paid for with shitty horrible night jobs. if i was M&D sponsored id say fuck the rabbit and go stage 3 with the audi

Originally posted by RENAUD View Post
    nice vws men!

keep the pressure
    thanks man.
    doing it for the internet and the scene kids.

Comment

motor is put back together and i got my new valve cover,

and passenger side is back together and notch is done.

and here is a pic from a sweet ass dude jake
      Last edited by Minty_Fresh; 07-12-2012, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Love the green rides... its funny, I call my project "Minty Fresh" as well (here its just Minty, but on my normal Datsun site its Minty Fresh). Cars looking good.
        --Tristin

Comment

Sweet vdubs.

DE eh? Where abouts? We should be DE buddies.

lol

Comment

Originally posted by tristinGrind View Post
            Love the green rides... its funny, I call my project "Minty Fresh" as well (here its just Minty, but on my normal Datsun site its Minty Fresh). Cars looking good.
            lol i need to creep your build. i had the green rabbit wile i was in high school and thats what every one called it. soon it was my username and then the rest is history lol.

but these guys kinda blew it up.

Originally posted by loudest03cavi View Post
            Sweet vdubs.

DE eh? Where abouts? We should be DE buddies.

lol
            Newark area. there is a bunch of us stance fags up this way. where are you at?

well on the start is the well known phillyGS but the rest is a bunch of north delaware kids.

Comment

Yeah as far as I have seen online (Im on quite a few Datsun forums) or at shows, Im the only one with this color 510... and most seem to enjoy it. I was contemplated getting it painted but then I said F it. Its the main reason I bought this specific car... that and the zero body rust.

Cars are clean man, Ill have to keep popping in here and checking up on things.
              --Tristin

Comment

sooo got my tires mounted, its a bit more crazy then i wanted.

.....ummmm fuck well i think that will work, its holding air right

Comment

more poke then a perverted priest.

Comment

Not the worst I have seen... Way more than I personally would run though.
                    --Tristin

Comment

Originally posted by Minty_Fresh View Post
                      sooo got my tires mounted, its a bit more crazy then i wanted.
                      Anthony, Vancouver Canada

1990 Nissan 240sx Daily driver
                      1990 Nissan laurel [Never ending project]

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

hahah^ yeah its a little more stretch then i would run, but your car your decision. love all the german cars you own. aha

Comment

Originally posted by justaneffer View Post
                          hahah^ yeah its a little more stretch then i would run, but your car your decision. love all the german cars you own. aha
                          more stretch then I've ever ran. i did the math and it ended up being similar stretch to a 175/50 on a 9. butttt no its fucking crazy more. the truth is I'm a little worried about running them. but no time to swap the lips now. worst case i ruin my lip and barrel. the car will never see a highway on these wheels.

Originally posted by e30_vert View Post
                          i said the same thing when my buddy sent me the picture of them mounted

Originally posted by tristinGrind View Post
                          Not the worst I have seen... Way more than I personally would run though.
                          yeaaaaaa that much stretch was not the plan. buttttt I'm going to try it. if not I'm sure i could sell my 2in lips easly for a set of 1.5's

Originally posted by fresh.gen View Post
                          more poke then a perverted priest.
                          ....wut?

Comment

back on the ground

tie rod flips and baljoint extenders working well everything is straight.

13x8, 9 steelies

and test fitted the RF's ,need a spacer for the rear

Comment

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uck yeah dude. Doing it right !

Everything looks straight, the extenders, tie rods and all are doing their job. Also how is the driveshaft at such a normal looking angle haha, mines like 45 deg upwards.

Steelies looking good too, whats the rear ofset. Shit man 9s is big on a mk1

Comment

Originally posted by georgeMK1 View Post
                                Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uck yeah dude. Doing it right !

Everything looks straight, the extenders, tie rods and all are doing their job. Also how is the driveshaft at such a normal looking angle haha, mines like 45 deg upwards.

Steelies looking good too, whats the rear ofset. Shit man 9s is big on a mk1
                                oh right i forgot if i posted that pic i shortened my axles

Comment

Working...
                                X