Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The same thing as what everyone else has done (e36)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good so far

If you do decide to do them silver here's a couple of tasters of what they could look like. (Stolen from another person's thread on another forum).

Silver with diamond cut lips:

Comment

That definitly looks yummie!
      Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication

Comment

Originally posted by aj_mckay View Post
        Looking good so far

If you do decide to do them silver here's a couple of tasters of what they could look like. (Stolen from another person's thread on another forum).

Silver with diamond cut lips:

Nice! have you got a link to that thread. I can't find much on them. All i found was someone with them on an e34 m5 (i think) on bf.

Comment

took this pic as i left for work this morning.

I'm about to go and play with the camber on the back to try and get the tyre in the arch

Comment

Maxed the rear camber but still doesn't seem like very much.

Hammered the rear arches flat and out a bit but still needs more tbh. might have to get someone with a proper roller to do it

Anyway, the extra clearance I got allowed me to lower the back a bit more so the arch to wheel gap is pretty even front to back. It's raking like a beast.

P1100910 by jackwells25, on Flickr

P1100909 by jackwells25, on Flickr

P1100915 by jackwells25, on Flickr

Sadly the front can not go lower otherwise I can't drive it anywhere

P1100917 by jackwells25, on Flickr

Comment

where did you get AMG penta replicas ? Do they come in diff sizes or just 16s ?
              C280 Build Thread
              C43 ///AMG Build Thread
              E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Originally posted by SD202 View Post
                where did you get AMG penta replicas ? Do they come in diff sizes or just 16s ?
                I got them off ebay. I don't think they come in anything bigger than 16" and haven't been made since the 80s (i think)

Comment

really nice and please don't put m3 bumper on it

Comment

Originally posted by Sauberfan View Post
                    really nice and please don't put m3 bumper on it
                    Don't worry. I won't.

They look ghey unless they are literally on the floor. The normal ones are loads more forgiving aesthetically

Comment

None of my friends can seem to grasp the idea that the more people you put in a car the more the tyres are going to rub so I had enough and decided I would just take the back seats out and get something better for the front.

Bought some OMP bucket seats off ebay the other day. Should be fitted by tomorrow.

L1020030 by jackwells25, on Flickr

car is still the same as it was really. the back is now as low as it can go with the adjusters in and the front has come down a bit.

L1020013 by jackwells25, on Flickr

L1020032 by jackwells25, on Flickr

Comment

should have left the wheels silver.
                        apart from that good work
                        Float like a Cadillac, Sting like a Beemer!
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24326

Comment

Originally posted by Buck6687 View Post
                          should have left the wheels silver.
                          apart from that good work
                          Thanks.
                          You're the second person to say that about the wheels now and I feel as though I should try to defend my decision by saying misrepresentation in finishes is something I despise. Truth to material in any form of design is of the utmost importance to me.
                          A bare metal finish would be the ideal, although extremely impractical due to my reluctance to clean anything so the real world dictates that I need paint to protect the material. However painting a metallic silver material with paint of almost the exact same colour seems pointless and misleading. Painting opens up an entire spectrum of colour with almost limitless possibilities and it would be ignorant not to consider another option. However the combination of silver and black is too strong of a pull to choose otherwise. The monochrome palette can be seen everywhere from classic rangefinder cameras to modern televisions, packaging and even this website. It's defined elegance transcends trends and inspires confidence and is the only colour I could ever paint the wheels for a silver car.

But, it didn't happen like that. I needed to paint the whole wheel as corrosion had set in and would have been a major undertaking to get back to finish nice enough to leave bare. I had also been influenced by spending a lot of time on bikeEXIF and other similar blogs and the prominence of black wheels in the custom bike scene combined with the cheaper black paint led me to my decision... That and I'm bloody miserable and don't like bright colours or anything too shiny

However, this is all a moot point as I have just won an auction on ebay for some silver wheels

Comment

The bloody silver wheels I mentioned in the last post got damaged by the courier so those will have to wait till I get them sorted out.

In the mean time I fitted my seats.

L1020114 by jackwells25, on Flickr

Just in case someone is wondering how I mounted them here it is

L1020098 by jackwells25, on Flickr

L1020106 by jackwells25, on Flickr

I used oem rails which I got from a scrap yard so I could keep the original seats complete. Chopped off all the bits I didn't want or need and left just the sliding mechanism. Then welded on some additional box section to mount the seat to. This way puts the seat about 50mm lower than the standard seat at it's lowest position.
                            lateral positioning suffers from the normal issue with e36s and the steering wheel is slightly off centre from the seat. This could be cured by ditching the sliders and just mounting to the floor but I didn't want to do that. Clearance to the door is about 25mm but these are narrow seats (530mm wide at the shoulders) so wider seats may not be able to follow the same route.

Comment

Working...
                            X