Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Broadway Statics go HIGH enough? What spring rates should I go with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Broadway Statics go HIGH enough? What spring rates should I go with?

Basically I'm looking at ordering new coilovers (Broadway Statics) and wheels, and I'm trying to get my set up perfect this time around. I parted my car (E92 335i) out, thought I was going to sell it, but alas I am here again ready to stance it out. I'm going with a very WIDE wheel set up. 19x12, 19x10. Should be about 10-15mm of poke. I'm not good with suspension, was hoping the gurus could help me out.

How my car looked before:

This is Tee's amazing form of transportation. I'll be running similar widths/offsets with about 6mm less poke all around.

Questions:
    1) Will the coils be too low at their highest point in the rear? Since the stock rears come pretty low from factory, this is my main concern, as I've been told the BWS coils are 2 inches lower than stock at their highest point. As you can see in Tee's pic, he isn't able to go all that low because of all the poke.
    2) What do you guys suggest for spring rates on a stretch and poke stance like this? Tee suggested 18k/24k. I know the standard for BWS coils are 16k/18k.

Thanks in advance for any help!
    Montego Blue 2007 E92 335i - ZSP / ZPP / Steptronic / Logic7
    Instagram: bmwforlife

Originally posted by SD202
    70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

Our coilovers are completely custom so if going high is a concern you have, we can build around that. That said, our most popular spec uses 8" rear springs where most other companies use a 9" so i don't think you will have a major issue of not going high enough. But if you think it will be concern, go for a 9".

Did you want to go high because you don't to rub or hit rim? If so you have nothing to worry about. With 16/24k and some install tricks, you'll be golden.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
      Our coilovers are completely custom so if going high is a concern you have, we can build around that. That said, our most popular spec uses 8" rear springs where most other companies use a 9" so i don't think you will have a major issue of not going high enough. But if you think it will be concern, go for a 9".

Did you want to go high because you don't to rub or hit rim? If so you have nothing to worry about. With 16/24k and some install tricks, you'll be golden.
      You've got a PM sir!

70,000 miles and counting. static slammed. From here to vegas to LA and everywhere in between. Shes my daily driver. Because shes my only car. everything that has ever broke has been a result of being slammed.

Comment

They'll only be too low if you're Khalil

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

but #kkisfat

Comment

Does this Khalil fellow drive a monster truck?
              Last edited by EDM92; 07-25-2013, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EDM92 View Post
                Close hahaha

Comment

Hahahahahah fuck you

All of you are bastards!

Hai I'm Khalil.
                  I dislike Byron.

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
                    Hahahahahah fuck you

All of you are bastards!

Hai I'm Khalil.
                    Looks pretty low to me haha, not to mention very hawt. I take it they like giving you shit!

Comment

Pretty good thread until someone said Khalil.

Comment

#khalilisfat

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Looks pretty low to me haha, not to mention very hawt. I take it they like giving you shit!
                          Haha yeah my Broadways are raised all the way up in my sig lol, but you dont have to worry about that since mine have custom inserts. The regular ones you would get go to a very nice height at the top like almost stock! And the low is still extreme!

So comfortable. And will be plenty low! You really can't go wrong man. Literally the best there is.

Originally posted by willis View Post
                          Pretty good thread until someone said Khalil.
                          Hipster

Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          #khalilisfat
                          #canihazchzbrgr?
                          I dislike Byron.

Comment

#canihazchzbrgr?
                            #yiss!

Just so OP doesn't think I am a spam faggot, I have taken a very short ride in an E36 on Broadway's and you won't be disappointed.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Haha yeah my Broadways are raised all the way up in my sig lol, but you dont have to worry about that since mine have custom inserts. The regular ones you would get go to a very nice height at the top like almost stock! And the low is still extreme!

So comfortable. And will be plenty low! You really can't go wrong man. Literally the best there is.

Hipster

#canihazchzbrgr?
                              Originally posted by andybob View Post
                              #yiss!

Just so OP doesn't think I am a spam faggot, I have taken a very short ride in an E36 on Broadway's and you won't be disappointed.
                              Haha thanks for the info guys. I ordered a set. Special thanks to Jaze for being incredibly helpful and awesome. This one month wait is going to suck!

Comment

Working...
                              X