E30 Frankenstein CO's: Rubbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E30 Frankenstein CO's: Rubbing

searched for threads on this, but couldn't find anything relating to my issue, so sorry if this has been covered.

So I’ve had this problem for a while now, but basically: car is a 91 325i coupe, got some coilover’s from a friend because he wanted to test fit them on my car since his was not in running condition yet, and of course, being cheap, I didn’t turn down a free suspension. They’re a set of MK2 Golf raceland coilovers, so the rears are true CO’s (no shock tower reinforcement, but still haven’t encountered any problems) and no strut bar in the rear, so handling is pretty bad, but whatever, that can be addressed later.

The real problem is that in the rear, the springs rub on the inside of the wheel well, against the sides of my trunk, the problem is much more intense on the drivers side rear, yet the fronts are fine. I’m wondering if there is a solution to this; either with minor modifications (I know that you can take the plate covering the gas tank wires on the passenger side), or smaller diameter springs. Does anyone know the maximum diameter of springs you can run on the back?

Any help or advice (short of “get new coilovers/suspension”) is much appreciated.

bump?

Comment

Pics of the entire setup and the problem would be very helpful to those of us who aren't perfectly familiar with CO's on an e30
      conversion syndicate*

4g63 swapped Hilux: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=75423

ig: makercruuz

Comment

Working...
      X